Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• murofwoh
    so, i have decided to start up a bit of freelancing
    murofwoh
    to help pay the bills. three kids, one a high school junior, plus some big bills coming due have forced my hand. one cool thing is I made this decision after someone asked me to help them out with some...
    Today, 01:23 AM
  • murofwoh
    Reply to Logo feedback needed
    murofwoh
    it isn't the worst logo I have ever seen, but it has a bit of a clip art feel to it, like you used a cityscape clip art then a clip art runner then a jet and melded the three. also more exploration with...
    Today, 01:14 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Dojo Dragon Shirt Design.
    BillyLogan
    Great job! Nice choice of colors - young, fun and very happy. Must agree with MaNL though about the character's emotion. But that is not much of an issue. Over-all, you did great, man!
    Today, 01:03 AM
  • cysir
    Comment on Personal Logo Concepts
    cysir
    Thanks for the response! I started out sketching, actually. Thanks for the link!
    Today, 01:00 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Sand Queen
    BillyLogan
    WOW! That's all I could say. You've got talent, man and I hope you'll hone it. At you are your work is very impressive and I can see that you've got an eye for art. Just keep it up and I wish you all...
    Today, 12:58 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those look awesome! I do wonder how they taste, as the ingredients all seem to have found their way into the recipe purely for how they look and function more than how they'll taste together.

blog/portfolio

Comment

• ^ I'll second what Virgo said. I was wondering the same thing.
      "It's not that I don't want to trust people. It's that they give me reasons not to." ~ Me

Comment

• Peppered Bacon Breadtwirls

1lb Thick Cut Bacon

1 Container of Pillsbury Crescent Seamless Dough Sheet

1/4 Cup Course Ground Black Pepper (to taste)

1/4 Cup Mustard & 2 tbsp. Maple Syrup..for dipping.

Directions:

Sprinkle the Pepper evenly over the raw Bacon and crisp it up as you normally do, set aside.

Unroll the dough and slice it into approx. 1″ strips…

Wrap each strip around one or two pieces of the Bacon and bake on a sheet pan at 350 for 20 minutes, or until they’re golden.

Let them cool..

While they’re cooling make up the Mustard Dipping Sauce by mixing the Mustard and the Maple Syrup together!

Serve them up with some of that Sweet & Spicy Mustard for dipping…

Source

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• Happy Devil's Food Cake Day!

http://dyingforchocolate.blogspot.co...late-cake.html

(Vintage recipes included!)

Devil's Food Cake vs Chocolate Cake
          Since it's National Devil's Food Cake Day, I thought I might revisit a post about the difference between Devil's Food Cake and Chocolate Cake. There are many different interpretations. Some recipes use cocoa, some melted chocolate, some add coffee or hot liquid, and some increase the baking soda.

According to Wikipedia:

Because of differing recipes and changing ingredient availability over the course of the twentieth century, it is difficult to precisely qualify what distinguishes Devil's food from the more standard chocolate cake. The traditional Devil's food cake is made with shredded beets much the way a carrot cake is made with carrots. The beets add moisture and sweetness to the cake, helping it to be very rich. The red of the beets slightly colors the cake red and due to the richness of the cake it became known as the Devil's food.

O.K. That's a beet cake or a 'natural' red velvet cake, and I make a good one, but it's not a Devil's Food Cake in my opinion.

Devil's food cake is generally more moist and airy than other chocolate cakes, and often uses cocoa as opposed to chocolate for the flavor as well as coffee. The lack of melted chocolate and the addition of coffee is typically what distinguishes a Devil's food cake from a chocolate cake, though some recipes call for all, resulting in an even richer chocolate flavor. The use of hot, or boiling water as the cake's main liquid, rather than milk, is also a common difference.
          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• That was a good read

Comment

• the stout cake i made the other day was all cocoa powder, and beer (not milk, water or coffee) but it was very dense.
              Dribbble Page
              Behance Portfolio
              Linkedin Profile

Comment

• Mmm Recipes

Comment

• Bacon Weave Tacos

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nick-c...usaolp00000003
                  This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                  "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• Oooh now that's very nommmmmmable

Comment

• A work of art! Perhaps the bacon weave taco should be our forum mascot.
                      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

• Grilling Recipe: Beef & Bacon Burger Blend

http://www.thekitchn.com/grilling-re...-kitchn-190057

Comment

• Sooo making this summer!!!

Comment

• I may need to revise my meals for this weekend...

Bacon-Wrapped Salsa Stuffed Chicken Recipe
                            Serves 4

Prep Time: 20 min.

Cooking Time: 35 min.

Ingredients for Chicken

4 chicken breasts;
                            12 slices of bacon;
                            Toothpicks;

Ingredients for Salsa

3 plum tomatoes, peeled and seeds removed, chopped;
                            2 green onions, sliced;
                            1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and thinly sliced;
                            2 cloves garlic;
                            Zest and juice of 1 lime;
                            2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced;

Preparation
                            1. Preheat your oven to 400° F.
                            2. Combine all the ingredients for the salsa in a bowl and mix well.
                            3. Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally (see here for pictures), so that you can open them up like a book. Flatten them out with a rolling pin.
                            4. Fill each chicken breast with an equal amount of the salsa mixture and close them up.
                            5. Roll the bacon strips around the chicken, and pin them in place with the toothpicks.
                            6. Once the chicken is wrapped, place it in a baking pan and bake 30 to 35 min or until a meat thermometer reads 170 F. Then broil 5 to 6 min or until the bacon is nicely crisp.
                            7. Serve with some salsa.
                            "It's not that I don't want to trust people. It's that they give me reasons not to." ~ Me

Comment

• garricks
                              garricks commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Disney, that's awesome! Reposted to FB.

• mmmm ... that looks heavenly!

Comment

• Yum. Bacon makes everything amazing.
                              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X