Sign My Shoe!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign My Shoe!

Another creative idea from the collective minds on the GDF!

Last week I started drawing on my pair of Chucks, or getting other to draw on them, and the offer was made to send them to other members for graffiti. What a concept!!! This thread is to get people on board, and see who wants to play. All you need is a pair of shoes that you want signed (I suggest a pair of Chuck Taylors, as the canvas is a great...uh....canvas).

Now we need to figure out the best way to know who to mail to next. I'm thinking if after signing a shoe, and there's room for more, post a message as to who's shoe you've got and see who wants it next. Once it's full, the last person to fill it can mail it back to the original owner. Any better suggestions?

Understand, that if you're choosing to play, you'll have to pay shipping charges on the shoe that you're sending. Costs should be fairly low tho. You also run the risk of loosing a shoe, but just think of what your end result could be! A 1 of a kind GDF original shoe!

AMAZING!

I'm open to suggestions to make this more effective, so please, if you've got a better idea, let us know! This could be a great project, and a lot of fun!
    Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
    | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

You know I'm in!

Sounds like a good plan, Bladez. After we see how many people we get, we can go from there!
    Reformed Stepford Bubble Popper, The Bottom Three (Charter Member), Spankin' a Pita™

Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is.—Steve Martin
    The way you get a better world is, you don't put up with substandard anything.—Joe Strummer
    I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'—Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

We do this on another forum I visit. Except we send around a turkey sammich and sign the box!

Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

hahahaha! Ew!

at least with this one, it's something you can wear and show off
        Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
        | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
        | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Um... yum?

blog/portfolio

Comment

<LOL!>

It turned out that someone had sold something to someone else and took a bit to long on shipping it out. So the buyer had PM'd the seller and complained and said "it's not like I am asking you to make a turkey sammich and send it!" So the seller made a turkey sammich and sent it out a week before he sent the actual item. Now the dumb sammich gets passed all around our community.
            Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

how did you get the mold to spell something out?

i'm down i don't know if i'm going to send a pair of shoes around bit i will tag up a shoe =]

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

If you figure out the logistics, I'll doodle on a shoe and send it back out!

Comment

I'm in!

Comment

this is looking promising!

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Yeah sure why not as long you frame them when you get them back and never wear them.
                      Less be more.

Comment

maybe this could be the next cause 4 design project.
                        we'll all sign/doodle on the shoes then we'll auction them off.

i'd do it.
                        Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

Good idea Gary, but who's gonna buy a pair of shoes??? We are all starving artists, remember?

Comment

maybe someone here? or we auction them off first then we buy the correct size & auction them.... i don't know but converse has some chucks with graffiti and they aint cheap.
                            Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

I have a pair of red high-top tye die Chucks! I don't wear them often, but they are fun none-the-less.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• StudioMonkey
                                Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
                                StudioMonkey
                                The step and repeat in Illustrator can do patterns and vary the size and even the rotation, to set parameters or at random. This will give you a vector file but Paintshop Pro and PhotoShop are not vector...
                                Today, 06:23 AM
                              • HotButton
                                Comment on Flyer Crtitique
                                HotButton
                                It's just what I call it when people use an expression that actually says or means the opposite of what is intended; ''could care less'' would be another prime example.
                                Yesterday, 11:44 PM
                              • B
                                Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                                B
                                That makes sense, I guess. Off is the inverse of on, which makes based off the inverse of based on. Got it. ...
                                Yesterday, 08:50 PM
                              • B
                                Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                                B
                                Okay, I know what a colloquialism is, but what is an inverse colloquialism?

Probrien, in addition to HotButton's comments, which I agree with, the ad is a bit confusing. Maybe it's lacking...
                                Yesterday, 08:48 PM
                              • PrintDriver
                                Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                                PrintDriver
                                ''Based off'' is inverse of ''based on.'' ''Based on'' is a colloquialism.
                                I think.
                                I have not had enough to drink to play this game.

o O
                                Yesterday, 08:27 PM
                              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X