Sign My Shoe!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peaches for free?
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

millions of peaches,
      peaches for ME!

sigpic
      The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity
      ~Rollo May

Comment

Great idea, I'd be interested.

I posted this in the thread that kicked this idea off, but seems better placed here. This reminds me of the 1,000 Journals project, and the way that was organized could perhaps lend some inspiration as to how best to organize this.
        "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

I'm definitely in. I don't have a pair of chucks to send around but it would be awesome to contribute some doodles.
          Tumblr Blog Thing

Comment

As soon as I get a pair, I'll get started on mine
            Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
            | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
            | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Custom shoes.
              Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile
                Great idea, I'd be interested.

I posted this in the thread that kicked this idea off, but seems better placed here. This reminds me of the 1,000 Journals project, and the way that was organized could perhaps lend some inspiration as to how best to organize this.
                Yeay urst!

I'm really excited about the shoes now! I have to pick out a color. I'm thinking blue, but if they're too dark the art might not show well (unless everyone concentrates on the rubber part, or uses paint or another medium other than a sharpie, or it would be subtle, which also could be nice . . . hmmm). But I don't like too light of a color shoe because they make my feet look big! So I need to work this one out. Decisions decisions!
                Reformed Stepford Bubble Popper, The Bottom Three (Charter Member), Spankin' a Pita™

Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is.—Steve Martin
                The way you get a better world is, you don't put up with substandard anything.—Joe Strummer
                I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'—Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Go find a pair of red ones. They're light enough that a black sharpie will stand out nicely, but not light enough to make your head think your feet is big

Or, if you get black ones, that'll force people to use things like Gold and Silver paint pens!
                  Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                  | Karl Marx |

| Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

I tossed around the idea of black ones, but I have since located a pair just like the light purple ones I currently have and love, so I think I'll stick to my tried and true! I'll be picking them up next week after pay day so I can start my shoes on an epic adventure!
                    Reformed Stepford Bubble Popper, The Bottom Three (Charter Member), Spankin' a Pita™

Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is.—Steve Martin
                    The way you get a better world is, you don't put up with substandard anything.—Joe Strummer
                    I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'—Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Me too tulip I'm gonna pick up some white ones soon. It'll be fun!!
                      | Karl Marx |

| Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Yeay!

It's funny to think of pairs of shoes criss-crossing the globe, or at least a continent!

By the way, I think your idea for moving the shoes from place to place sounds good, Bladez. It makes it semi random, which is all the more fun.

Comment

Exactly! I've got to get pix of my black ones now that they're almost full up. It's really hard to get other people to draw things on them. Instead, everybody writes something.....but I guess it's better than nothing
                          | Karl Marx |

| Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

I just ordered my shoes! They should be here tomorrow. Whoo hoo!!

I ended up getting a very light blue, as they already didn't have my size in the light purple. Oh well, I'm hoping that the shoes will be so covered in artwork, it won't matter anyway.

How about you Bladez?

Anyone else have shoes yet or getting them? In fact, can we take a head count? How many of us are putting in a pair of shoes vs. not putting in shoes but adding to the artwork?

The game is afoot!

Comment

i'm down to draw on the shoes. this is so awesome i'm stoked it's actually happening!

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Me too!! And I'm so happeee you're going to draw on them, typ! I think we should try to document it as much as possible, like maybe when it arrives, if people have a camera handy, take pics or something.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                                Working...
                                X