Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PanToshi View Post
    Me neither.

a little context:
    Adam Yauch, one-third of the pioneering hip-hop group the Beastie Boys, has died at the age of 47. The rapper was diagnosed in 2009 after discovering a tumor in his salivary gland
    sad
    I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

• just overheard this at work.
      wow!

I saw the Beastie Boys in concert at the Tibetan Freedom Concert at RFK.
      Intergalactic Tour.
      Dribbble Page
      Behance Portfolio
      Linkedin Profile

Comment

• Holy crap! I remember their earlier music well, but lost track of them in later years.
        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• A friend said their instrumental album was good but i never heard any of it.
          Dribbble Page
          Behance Portfolio
          Linkedin Profile

Comment

• MCA of the Beastie Boys passed away at 48
            LINK

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• RIP MCA …

Man that sucks.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

• agreed, gonna pick up a 40 and some OJ on the way home. brass monkey, that funky monkey.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• one of the radio stations here in town just played their entire beastie boys library as a tribute. i remember hearing about his cancer, but thought he was doing alright with it...didn't know it had gotten this bad.

Sad, sad day.
                  Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                  | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                  | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

• Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys dies at 47 Oh MAN! Now I'm sad! That sucks. I gotta play "Check your Head" my Fave! Then Paul's Boutique!
                    "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
                    Aesop

Comment

• So incredibly saddened about Adam Yauch. I too grew up with the Beasties, took me through hs and college back in the day and have always remained a fan. What a horrible loss. His creativity, politics and humor will be greatly missed.
                      He, and the others, were deeply influenced by the Clash, something I of course appreciate very much.

Originally posted by BJMRamage View Post
                      A friend said their instrumental album was good but i never heard any of it.
                      You should check it out! It's called The Mix Up. One of my favorites! I cook to it all the time, too!

That's really cool you caught them on that tour
                      Last edited by Beans; 05-06-2012, 03:17 PM.
                      Reformed Stepford Bubble Popper, The Bottom Three (Charter Member), Spankin' a Pita™

Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is.—Steve Martin
                      The way you get a better world is, you don't put up with substandard anything.—Joe Strummer
                      I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'—Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

• According to the Associated Press, George Lindsey, actor known as Goober Pyle on `The Andy Griffith Show,' has died in Tennessee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Lindsey
                        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• Just posted this a week or two ago, but seem a more apropos time and place now. RIP George, you will be missed...

"It's not hard to tell we was poor, when you saw the toilet paper dryin' on the clotheline."
                          George Lindsey...

What others think of you is none of your business

Comment

• Source

The Santa Clara County Coroner released details of famed-artist Thomas Kinkade's autopsy and found that he died of "acute ethanol and Diazepam intoxication."

In layman's terms, he died of an overdose of alcohol and valium.

Comment

• wow, firecracker of a life. I can't believe he managed to kill himself - specially with all his Christianity. Shame

Comment

• RIP Maurice

Story

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X