Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP: The Necrology Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    shitty about the price hike.

    anyone watch the grammys and catch dave grohls acceptance speech for best rock album? told people to learn how to play an instrument and not worry about auto tune and making stuff sound perfect. he then said that the album they won for was recorded in his garage with basic equipment. the grammys then segue with "party rock" by LMFAO, thought it was pretty funny.

    "There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

    This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

    there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Typically View Post
      shitty about the price hike.

      anyone watch the grammys and catch dave grohls acceptance speech for best rock album? told people to learn how to play an instrument and not worry about auto tune and making stuff sound perfect. he then said that the album they won for was recorded in his garage with basic equipment. the grammys then segue with "party rock" by LMFAO, thought it was pretty funny.
      Loved the Slayer shirt too

      As far as autotune - The rest of the "artists" that use it is fake (hair, tan, boobs, etc...) why not their voice
      Last edited by Lith; 02-13-2012, 01:27 PM.
      I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

      Comment


      • #33
        Nope didn't see it ... no cable here lol. Caught a few highlights online.

        Jennifer Hudson sang "I will always love you" which of course everyone attributes to Whitney .... but I will always love Dolly Parton's ORIGINAL version.

        ... and if she sang it any slower I might have fallen out of my chair from boredom.

        I get the whole tribute thing ... but geez.
        _______________________________________
        Hello... My name is Kittie and I'm a Font-a-holic.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Lithonate View Post
          Loved the Slayer shirt too

          As far as autotune - The rest of the "artists" that use it is fake (hair, tan, boobs, etc...) why not their voice
          A very, very small minority of recordings released in the last decade or more have no autotune on them. (they are just using it for pitch correction)

          It's more of a producer driven thing than anything.

          Goes hand in hand with the "compression wars" that have been going on.
          Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

          Comment


          • #35
            Tom Araya > autotune
            I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Nobert View Post
              It is a shame. I need to qualify this with the fact that as a singer, I hated, loathed Houston. I'm sorry if that sounds disrespectful, but no matter what I thought of her music, 48 is too young. She certainly got the brunt of all that celebrity can dish out. It's a pity.

              Ditto on all accounts.

              Comment


              • #37
                RIP David Kelly

                Known for his roles in Fawlty Towers, Waking Ned Devine, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. He was 82.
                This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

                Comment


                • #38
                  I didn't recognize the name ... but as soon as I saw him I knew him. Great stuff. RIP David ♥
                  _______________________________________
                  Hello... My name is Kittie and I'm a Font-a-holic.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Like many character actors.
                    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I find this really sad. Neil Hope, "Wheels" in the Degrassi series, died in 2007, but his family and friends didn't find out about it until last month.

                      SOURCE
                      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Any sports fans (or those of the Amazin' Mets of 1986) remember Gary Carter? He passed away yesterday from brain cancer at the age of 57.

                        http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...ame/53122190/1
                        ___________
                        Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

                        blog/portfolio

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
                          Any sports fans (or those of the Amazin' Mets of 1986) remember Gary Carter? He passed away yesterday from brain cancer at the age of 57.

                          http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...ame/53122190/1

                          Yep.

                          I remember hearing about his cancer Diagnosis last spring.

                          I wasn't a Mets fan--but "game six" will always mean 1986 Mets to me.
                          He was a good guy, and very well liked by anyone associated with the game.. I had heard him on WFAN many times.
                          Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Hall of Famer Gary Carter Dies at 57


                            Source


                            ... sorry, missed the page turn ... just heard about it too .. makes me sad
                            _______________________________________
                            Hello... My name is Kittie and I'm a Font-a-holic.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
                              Hall of Famer Gary Carter Dies at 57


                              Source


                              ... sorry, missed the page turn ... just heard about it too .. makes me sad
                              Montreal Expo's ...Great Catcher
                              "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
                              Aesop

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                RIP Davy Jones

                                Wow. I loved the Monkees show when I was a kid.

                                http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T05r5vEgc0k
                                I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

                                Comment

                                Search

                                Collapse

                                Sponsor

                                Collapse

                                Incredible Stock

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                                Working...
                                X