Ringling Bros. Circus to close.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...fter_146_years

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	411c7ec7356997eafc60f6c8b69eb7c7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	20735

John Hurt, one of the finest actors of his generation, died on Friday aged 77. Never out of work in 50 years on stage and screen, he played a hugely diverse range of roles.

Possible best known for Alien, his finest performance was surely in Midnight Express. Notable roles also in 10 Rillington Place, I Claudius, The Elephant Man, The Naked Civil Servant, Nineteen Eighty Four, Indiana Jones/Crystal Skull, Harry Potter and Doctor Who as well as many many parts on stage

He was also in great demand as a voice actor in Watership Down, Lord of the rings, Black Cauldron, Dogville, The Gruffalo and many many more.

We have lost one of the greats.
      Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Comment

• And Mary Tyler Moore.
        Groundbreaking actress.
        https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...-at-80/514448/

Comment

• RIP Chuck Berry

Surely one of the most influential musicians of the last century, he influenced the Beatles and the Rolling Stones to name but two.

His most famous song is probably 'Johnny B Goode' but a favourite of mine is 'No Particular Place To Go'. The lyrics show a rare twist as the title first describes the (apparently) aimless progress of a boy taking his girl on a drive to some romantic spot, and then the long journey home after a seatbelt malfunction stops their fun. Masterful.

Music like this will never die.

Comment

• A stalwart influence during my formative years as a musician; RIP Sib Hashian.
            I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

• This does not sound good.
              They are relying on Enquirer-type reports though.
              http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...f-life-support
              Hoping this is just another bad hoax, but his radio station on Sirius XM is confirming he is in the hospital and has had a major heart attack and they were waiting on word as of 6pm last I listened.

Tom Petty is pretty much the sound track of my life. At least the part starting in the 70s. But even today, still love his music.

Comment

• B
                B commented
                Editing a comment
                I hope he recovers. It doesn't sound good, though. He just finished a tour and seemed to be in good health. Geech, it can come at any time to anyone, I guess.

• RIP Tom Petty

Click image for larger version

Name:	220px-TomPettyDebutCover.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	21491

I love his first album, particularly 'Anything that's Rock n Roll' and 'American Girl'. I heard it on the radio ('sounds so fine . . .') and ran out to buy it and I still play it today.

Comment

• This is a great interview:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIJc3HQBUEI

I have a bad feeling we are going to start to lose more of that Rock era. Most are in their 70s now.

Comment

• Fats Domino RIP

Oh my . . . Ain't That A Shame, my tears fall like rain

Comment

• It seems that our long time moderator and great friend Garricks has passed away. I don't know any details but I know he has been sick for quite some time. RIP Badgerman, we'll miss you.

Comment

• Thanks Kool ♥ I was just coming over to make sure everyone knew. I don't have many details either. I know folks always say this .. but it's so true for Gary. At least his pain is gone. I do know he was suffering a great deal the past few weeks and been very sick for the last several months. My heart is breaking for his Mom and Dad. He was a good friend

Comment

• RIP Garricks

Wow so close to home. What can I say - I didn't know him but I liked his avatar.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• iwebsitez
                          Reply to Tours Travel company logo, what do you think?
                          iwebsitez
                          I quite like it to be honest, it's not too stuffed but it's clean, easy to remember! Well done Dan.
                          Today, 11:18 AM
                        • Craig B
                          Reply to Help me explaining my job in my portfolio!
                          Craig B
                          I think what you described is fairly typical of most jobs. I'm not saying it's identical but I do web design, email design, interactive apps, collateral, booth graphics, signage, posters, advertising,...
                          Today, 10:46 AM
                        • Colton819
                          Reply to Getting a image ready for print
                          Colton819
                          So I tried doing Pantone colors but obviously they just couldn’t match close enough. The image I posted is actually a vector format I created a raster format then converted to vector in illustrator. I...
                          Today, 08:47 AM
                        • leaagg
                          Help me explaining my job in my portfolio!
                          leaagg
                          Hello,

I am a French designer working for a Turkish company (in turkey).
                          I am now currently working on my updated portfolio because my main goal is QUIT !! The working conditions in...
                          Today, 07:57 AM
                        • PrintDriver
                          Reply to Tours Travel company logo, what do you think?
                          PrintDriver
                          Do people still use QR codes?
                          Two phones ago I downloaded an app just to check that a client's QR code was linking properly when printed. 4 years later now, and that app has never been used again....
                          Today, 07:06 AM
                        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                        Working...
                        X