Ringling Bros. Circus to close.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...fter_146_years

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	411c7ec7356997eafc60f6c8b69eb7c7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	20735

John Hurt, one of the finest actors of his generation, died on Friday aged 77. Never out of work in 50 years on stage and screen, he played a hugely diverse range of roles.

Possible best known for Alien, his finest performance was surely in Midnight Express. Notable roles also in 10 Rillington Place, I Claudius, The Elephant Man, The Naked Civil Servant, Nineteen Eighty Four, Indiana Jones/Crystal Skull, Harry Potter and Doctor Who as well as many many parts on stage

He was also in great demand as a voice actor in Watership Down, Lord of the rings, Black Cauldron, Dogville, The Gruffalo and many many more.

We have lost one of the greats.
      Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Comment

• And Mary Tyler Moore.
        Groundbreaking actress.
        https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...-at-80/514448/

Comment

• RIP Chuck Berry

Surely one of the most influential musicians of the last century, he influenced the Beatles and the Rolling Stones to name but two.

His most famous song is probably 'Johnny B Goode' but a favourite of mine is 'No Particular Place To Go'. The lyrics show a rare twist as the title first describes the (apparently) aimless progress of a boy taking his girl on a drive to some romantic spot, and then the long journey home after a seatbelt malfunction stops their fun. Masterful.

Music like this will never die.
          Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Comment

• A stalwart influence during my formative years as a musician; RIP Sib Hashian.
            Which Right? The old Right that was often right, or the new Right that's so so Wrong?

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X