Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lith posted that one a couple days ago

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• RIP to CBS' Mike Wallace. You will be missed.

http://to.pbs.org/HsEPwY

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...ace-1918-2012/
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• I didn't realize he was 93! He sure lived a long life and saw many interesting things.

RIP Mike.

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• Wow, didn't expect that. Thanks for the reporting, Mike.

Comment

• Heard this an hour before 60 minutes. Wow
            Dribbble Page
            Behance Portfolio
            Linkedin Profile

Comment

• Originally posted by garricks View Post

Some time in the 1950s during a hospital stay, my Mom was his nurse.

He asked her out for a drink--she declined.
              Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

• Elizabeth Catlett died on April 2nd and I didn't see it mentioned above. I always liked her sculptures and printmaking but her life story is interesting as well.
                I could give you a dose
                but it would never come close
                to the rage built up inside of me
                fist in the air in the land of hypocrisy

Comment

• Thomas Kinkade is hanging out with Bob Ross now.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• Bob Ross, at least, got people interested in painting and helped teach them the basics of various techniques. I respect that, despite his show and his paintings being a bit silly.

Kinkade, on the other hand, pandered to the artistically unsophisticated by supplying them with whatever luscious, over-sweetened eye candy they wanted. Worse still, he marketed his kitsch as though it were great art whose prints were somehow worth the hundreds and thousands of dollars he charged for them, when it reality, it was just glorified Christmas card art. I respect his ability to have pulled off a ruse like that, but that's about as far as my respect for him goes.

I hope they're not hanging out together.

Comment

• Originally posted by <b> View Post
                      Bob Ross, at least, got people interested in painting and helped teach them the basics of various techniques. I respect that, despite his show and his paintings being a bit silly.

Kinkade, on the other hand, pandered to the artistically unsophisticated by supplying them with whatever luscious, over-sweetened eye candy they wanted. Worse still, he marketed his kitsch as though it were great art whose prints were somehow worth the hundreds and thousands of dollars he charged for them, when it reality, it was just glorified Christmas card art. I respect his ability to have pulled off a ruse like that, but that's about as far as my respect for him goes.

I hope they're not hanging out together.
                      I was watching a thing on him on the Today Show the other day. They talked about his struggle with alcoholism and how at one point it led him to... hold on now.... pee on a Winnie the Pooh statue. Just the voiceover guy's delivery was priceless. Like that was just so unimaginable. The worst thing that you could say about a man. He besmirched a likeness of the Pooh.
                      I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

• And right on the steps of Disney World, at that! (IIRC; maybe it was Disneyland.) He did work for Disneycorp after that.

... I reckon I'll think about happy little trees now.

Comment

• He might have peed on Pooh but if he'd pooed on Pooh, I'd really be pissed.

Comment

• What is a really sad is there are probably thousands of people out there who bought his "limited editions" who secretly hoped this day would come, as they thought their "art" purchase was a "good investment".
                            Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

• Hell, If I woulda known he pissed on Pooh right at Disney's gates then I'll take one of each thank you very much. That is exactly the kind of behavior I expect out of my artists no matter what medium they work in.
                              I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

• Dick Clark passed away at the age of 82.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...2#.T48bPe2ialc

blog/portfolio

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                                Working...
                                X