X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new Dark Shadows movie

Score another moldy oldy for Tim Burton.
    I loved this show as a kid.
    Could be interesting. Look at the cast.
    LOL.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1077368/

Tim Burton needs to stop making movies.

Without even looking at the cast, let me guess, Depp is lead role, along with Burtons wife, Helena?

Comment

Yup. Helena plays Dr. Hoffman...

Comment

Is disagree wholeheartedly! Who else in this day but, Tim Burton? To make a version of this, I can think of none better suited for the Gothic genre than him.

Ask me about the recent Alice in wonderland or Willie Wonky AKA Charlie & the Chocolate Factory? No they weren't up to his greater stylistic turns.

Edward Scissor Hands now that was a classic in my view this new Dark Shadows... Actually I'm excited to see it, the first I heard of it! Thanks!
        "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
        Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
          Yup. Helena plays Dr. Hoffman...
          *Headdesk.

Comment

Eh, It can't be any worse than the Ben Cross remake. Might be more of a twisted remake but I'll still go see it. Chris Lee and Jon Frid are listed in the cast too. Would be a real twist if they had Frid as the Old Barnabas when the Hoffman cure goes awry. Splendid irony.

Comment

Not HBC fan Eh? Who do I have to pancake around here to get a job Huh? Is that a couch?
              Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHun View Post
                Not HBC fan Eh?
                Not one bit.

Although my disdain is with directors who use the same tired actors in most of their work.

Comment

Depp & Burton, I see that they go back a long way but hey Kubrick used a recurring cast and so did Orson Wells. Many Directors much like artists have a their usual bag of tricks.
                  Aesop

Comment

I never watched Dark Shadows back when it was on. Wasn't it a soap opera?

I'm psyched for John Carter, did you read those books PD

Comment

Ooooh This will be on my must see list

I love Burton movies even if they are all the same people in them ... I don't care ... they are just so visually attractive and weird to me. It works for me

Thanks PD

... I know I've mentioned it before ... but I loveeeeed Dark Shadows as a kid

It's probably what has made me a little left of center though

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Yep Dark Shadows was a soap opera. Not the run of the mill soap opera though. LOL.

What's really kinda ironic is that Dark Shadows, the soap opera, used the same cast of characters no matter what century they happened to be in. It was like a reperatory company. Other than a few characters who intentionally transcended centuries, all the other actors played different people. For instance Joan Bennett played Elizabeth Collins in the 1960s, Naomi Collins in the 1790s, Judith Collins in the 1890s...

Comment

^^ But that worked, as I remember. We used to come careering around the corner and down the block to make it home in time after school.
                          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Me too! I loved dark shadows as a kid! I will def. see this one as I like Tim Burton's style also.
                            “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

Dan Curtis rode that horse for all it was worth and his writers put some interesting twists on old horror stories. Frankenstein's monster, The Portrait of Dorian Gray, Time Travel, Parallel Time story lines, its a wonder anyone could keep their characters straight. LOL.
                              I really love the blooper tapes that came out when they released the whole thing in video. All of those are live On Air. That camera never stopped rolling. They even rolled in the commercials in real time. That look of abject terror on some actor's face (usually Frid) was because they lost their place on the teleprompter.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X