No announcement yet.

Badger Sneaks in 30k Posts!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In old-style apothecary measurements, ʒ = dram (or drachm), ℈ = scruple, and ♏ = minim. :-}

[edit] The only problem I can see with apothecary puns is I think I just made most, maybe all, of them.
    Last edited by Meffy; 03-27-2012, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Meffy View Post
      In old-style apothecary measurements, ʒ = dram (or drachm), ℈ = scruple, and ♏ = minim. :-}

[edit] The only problem I can see with apothecary puns is I think I just made most, maybe all, of them.
      ...and we aren't apothecaries?
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

And wouldn't you know it, I'm all out of ℈s.

Comment

Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
          ...and we aren't apothecaries?
          *gesture of revealed wisdom* Everyone's an apothecary. *nodnod*

Then again, the whole system of measurements is archaic these days, which I suppose is just as well. Metric, yay!

Comment

Metric? Boo! (B)

Get thee to an apothecary.

Metric is for the robots. They should have made it base 16 at least. But humanity needs (and loves) the dozen, and all its dirty fractions. Feet forever! And inches, if you don't mind. (I mean, just ask any guy if he'd mind having a few more inches to play with)

Comment

hmm, ahem yes, well anyway... ah

cheers

Comment

Oh, whatever. Pour a double and shoot it back! Call a cab, m'kay?
                This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MumboJum73
                  Reply to Stock art collection -- need dozens of pix all with same artistic style
                  MumboJum73
                  Charge client and DYI. If you do not already know how to do something like that it's a great thing to learn. I'm sure there's many tuts online. You can even recycle the images down the road or sell them...
                  Today, 03:04 PM
                • seamas
                  Reply to Vector Art Critique
                  seamas
                  I'm in the same boat as PrintDriver for the most part.
                  I think there is perhaps a bit too much going on in his forehead, and am not sure if his lips are supposed to be white.
                  The modeling...
                  Today, 02:46 PM
                • MumboJum73
                  Comment on Title design for travel blog
                  MumboJum73
                  in Illustrator there are grunge brushes that can be used as a stroke on a vector shape (swoosh) to make it rougher around the edges. Then it acts as a stroke does and can be sized or expanded to make...
                  Today, 02:35 PM
                • MellaBella
                  Stock art collection -- need dozens of pix all with same artistic style
                  MellaBella
                  I remember the days when you could purchase a large collection of vectors (say, of everyday items) all made by the same artist with the same graphic style. I need something like this now for a client...
                  Today, 02:28 PM
                • B
                  Reply to Title design for travel blog
                  B
                  The reason designers dislike them so much is because, depending on the website, the bounce rate (people leaving the site) is much higher on sites that have them, which is confirmed by looking at the server...
                  Today, 02:04 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X