Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Colour matching
    PrintDriver
    Hot stamp? Cold? Thermal transfer? Metallic inks?
    Now with metallics in print done in several different ways, you need to be a little more specific when you say "foil."

Are...
    Today, 03:48 PM
  • _bc
    Reply to so... What do you guys DO???
    _bc
    Hi,

My name is Ben... and I am a graphic designer. I'm currently freelancing in Bristol UK. I work roughly 15 hours a day because I F-ING love this job! I love everything about it apart...
    Today, 02:49 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Comment on What do you want to know?
    KitchWitch
    Maybe how to show clients that the phrase, "It shouldn't take you long!" is an insult, not a relief.
    Today, 02:21 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Design Student Introduction
    KitchWitch
    Hi RCdublin and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:18 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to General Branding (Re-branding)
    KitchWitch
    Hi Just and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 02:17 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a great weekend everybody

The regular Friday post will be on hiatus for a few weeks. I've been super busy because my granddaughters will be coming home to stay for at least a couple of years. They are not real happy over in Greece and wish to stay with us. The oldest will be starting high school this fall and wants to go here with her friends.

So Mrs. Kool and I have been converting an unused and only partially finished room in our basement into a real bedroom for the older girl. This includes a new floor, wall and door plus all the painting and such.

I will let everyone know when to start looking for good QOTW again

Aww that is great Kool ... I know how much you love having the little ones around. I bet they are super excited to be coming for such an extended stay.

Have a super weekend gang! xx

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Happy Friday and Happy Weekend everyone!

Kool, I guess they want what they want at that age, what an awesome opportunity to live in Greece. But I know how teenagers are. They're lucky that you have the room to take them.
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

In high school already?
        man, that seems impossible.

Comment

Yeah, I can't imagine Greece being the most fun place to be right now with all the economic difficulties going on there. So nice that you're taking them in and making a home for them.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Grandfather? Cool Pappy!
            Last edited by jimking; 04-13-2012, 05:49 PM.
            WYSIWYG

Comment

This is and always will be what they consider home so it's not a big deal for us. The older one is getting to the age where she needs her own room though. It is true that the instability over there right now is a factor in my daughters choice to send them home stay with us. Even though they aren't near where they live the daily riots and protests and such do tend to put a damper on the whole living in another country experience.

Comment

Originally posted by jimking View Post
                Grandfather?

He's a "Kool" grampy though

Comment

ahh you edited Jim lol

Comment

That's awesome of you to do Kool.

This post came just in time. I had begun to convince myself it was Thursday
                    I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

Originally posted by Kool View Post
                      This is and always will be what they consider home so it's not a big deal for us. The older one is getting to the age where she needs her own room though. It is true that the instability over there right now is a factor in my daughters choice to send them home stay with us. Even though they aren't near where they live the daily riots and protests and such do tend to put a damper on the whole living in another country experience.
                      That is sad though ... I hear Greece is beautiful. But, safety is the main concern for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Kool View Post
                        I imagine it's pretty scary to see news reports and videos of people setting themselves on fire and such. Rather unsettling for a young mind.

blog/portfolio

Comment

I was a very young Grandfather at 36. That was because my daughter/stepdaughter was already 14 when me and Mrs Kool got married. If she were my true daughter I would have had to father her at the age of 15 LOL

Comment

Hey, some people start young.

blog/portfolio

Comment

lmao Kool

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X