Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• sketch28
    What is this type of design called?
    sketch28
    I really like this type of design and would like to try my hand at some of my own, but I would like to see more examples of it. Could anyone tell me what it's called?

Sorry...
    Today, 05:32 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Created Logo in PS, question about file
    KitchWitch
    Hi Chromez and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • Saint-Michel
    Reply to Legal size cardstock for business cards
    Saint-Michel
    Thank you for your answer PrintDriver. Seems like I was misinformed. I'll probably have to buy another printer that can print on thicker card stock then. Do you have any suggestions as to what printer...
    Yesterday, 11:30 PM
  • zablockit
    Reply to Please critique my new game design
    zablockit

Ok, skeuomorphic looks awesome!

What do you think now?

What would you improve?...
    Yesterday, 09:11 PM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Font Management
    lowfatgraphics
    Thanks.

I was testing the Font Suitcase and seems to be screwing with my Chrome bowsers...after some googling--looks like its a known issue. FEX it is then.

Thanks Garricks....
    Yesterday, 08:29 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hank_scorpio View Post
    Everyone. Single. One.

Part of the reason I no longer watch actual television.

I download the shows I want to watch (paid account) and watch them at my leisure. I have no television in my house (due to absurd TV license fee which lines the pockets of the TV station execs, presenters and show creators) IN all honesty if you saw Irish TV you wouldn't want to pay for it either.

So, no TV = no adverts. Also = me not paying some snobby bloke from a wealthy background getting paid €500k a year (YES that much) to be on telly talking shite.

I like the fact I have a large monitor, computer hooked up to it. And just watch what I want.

Most shows are available via Youtube anyway - if I get stuck for something to watch.
    We don't have television anymore either, we do netflix or download whatever movie we want to watch. So yay for no commercials!
    “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't get too many commercial not having cable any more ... but HULU and the network sites still run commercials through the show. As soon as I saw this title that mother daughter atrocity came to mind. It drives me batty. They show it constantly!

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

kool i was talking about that commercial last week with my GF. i forget what show we were watching but that commercial came on EVERY break. i will not buy a razor just for that reason. they did get me to remember the product though.......

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
          1-877-KARS-4-KIDS
          K-A-R-S Kars 4 Kids
          1-877-KARS-4-KIDS
          Donate your car today!
          I can 'name that tune' in 3 notes and diver for the radio button to change it. Otherwise it would be stuck in my head for hours. Thanks for that by the way.

I actually like the Weeee pig commercials. On TV (saw them during football season). On the radio they are annoying.

Comment

3 notes PD? Pfft. I recognize it before the first note is finished. I don't get to change it though, as it's on the office radio. I generally get to hear it about 4 times a day.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Time enough to stick fingers in ears and go "Lalalalala"

Comment

Lol

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Three or four years ago I realized that I hadn't turned on the television for a long, long time. I think my television watching just lessened over time until, at some point or another, it just stopped. If there's a program that I hear is good, like Mad Men or Breaking Bad, I'll download it from iTunes or rent it from Netflix.

Consequently, I never see television commercials. I don't miss them, of course, but it leaves me with an increasingly large gap in my knowledge of current popular culture. Being a designer, I'm worried that it might not be good to lose touch with these sorts of things.

Comment

^ I'm exactly in the same tidy bowl <b>. I have no clue about any of the ads mentioned in this thread so far, but at work meetings it's a source of a big gap. Likewise TV shows beyond a small group, and/or BBC productions.

Friday afternoon I was making a rather impassioned argument against some video casting ideas for a series of 'reality' promo videos that were being discussed and at one point someone says, "You know, like 'Friends'" and to expediate my argument I just said, "I don't know because I've never watched that show". Which, of course, is followed by an almost freakily instant silence in the room.

I find that having a TV vocabulary might get you into harmony with more people in the room with certain topics, but TV ignorance also makes you that much more aware of the depth of the cognitive bias people develop as fans of any particular show or series. A bias that seems to instill a kind of blindness to the fact that any great show requires a ton of work and resources and were most likely made by people thinking way beyond the 'it would sort of be like this show' creative mentality.

Comment

I found the weeping/sobbing, mother/daughter one quite funny. But, I understood them and will say I know for a fact, I've only seen it twice. Anything that keeps repeating is annoying.

I too seem to watch less tv and more than commercials which I can mute or walk away from (I mostly DVR the shows I want to watch) is those damn station I.D.s or "coming on next" banners that take up the screen real estate. More than once I will watch something where they have subtitles below and yep...they cover them up. I know what's coming on next, I know what station I'm watching...grrrr.

I too have missed shows that I have no reference to draw from. One is SNL. I used to work nights waiting tables and DVR and even VCR's were not part of the program for me then.

Comment

I know what you mean <b>. There might actually be two or three programs we watch somewhat regularly. Usually it's a sporting event, a movie, or BBC America. The rest is warmed over dreck.
                        "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
                        LinkedIn

Comment

Subway $5 Footlong commercials. Annoying as hell on the radio.
                          "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin, 1759

The USA will not survive without another revolution. Soon.

Comment

I hate all commercials on Bell TV (Canadian satalite company).

I hate them because there are apparently only 3 of them, which play on a single loop during EVERY commmercial break. I'm not talking about 3 commercials FOR Bell TV, I'm talking about 3 commercials total ON Bell TV. It is rediculously annoying.

If I'm especially lucky, I'll get the exact same commercial played twice during the SAME COMMERCIAL BREAK!

Thankfully I have 4 tvs hooked up to PVRs (DVRs in the U.S.), so I rarely watch live tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Lith View Post
                              That reminds me. That car commercial where the family starts singing "Crazy Train." Sharon Osbourne must be stopped.
                              THIS.

But nothing beats a local dealership commercial, at least in the south. Here there's this one jerk that sings 8675309 and replaces it with his number... and they always gotta show their kids dressed up as princesses shooting glitter at the giant red text with a blue stroke around it...

Comment

Wow. ABC "Duets" commercial just totally ripped off the Apple "1984" commercial. o_O

Woman in track shorts ran in with a mic stand to throw it at the screen. VO talked about how this would be different from any other singing competition.
                                This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                                "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X