No announcement yet.

CPS #1 Chicken

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have five slow-cookers. Two 1.5 quart, a 4 quart, a 5 quart, and a 6 quart stainless steel multi-pot that also does everything from slow cooking to braising to deep frying.
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

5!?!

What size would you reccomend Garricks? For a 2 person household but with enough leftovers for lunch and rainy days. So I guess for 4-6 meals?
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I'd say a 4-5 quart. You want recipes that will fill the crock 1/2-3/4 full, otherwise your cooking times will be off.

The 1.5 quarts are great for side dishes and rice. Rice turns out most awesome in a crock!
        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Thanks buddy. Turns out 4-5 quarts translates pretty neatly to 4-5 litres.
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I never thought if it, but yep, you're right! And that's plenty big for a nice batch of soup or stew for two for a few days.

Comment

i love my crock. use it at least once a month if not more, can't go wrong with set it and forget it.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Got my recipe chosen & ingredients purchased. Goin' southern.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Got my recipe, gotta hit the grocery.

Comment

I'm waiting gang! (with my crockpot!)

Comment

oooo a whole lotta houses are gonna smell good this weekend! i'm gonna get my crock going on saturday morning.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Saturday morning for me, too. I told my husband I was taking care of dinner Saturday with the crock pot and got a happy face.
                        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Sunday for me.

Comment

Sunday here too.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Errmmm... I may be out this round.

The whole chicken I bought for the crock has been tagged for the rotisserie. Someone is sick of all the crockpot stuff I have been making lately

In his defense, if I make something from the crock we usually have to eat it for several days lol

So, I will see how it goes ... if I can't do this one I will make the next challenge. I have a lovely pork roast in the freezer

*hint*hint*

... and I ended up freezing the last of the FOS ... I couldn't eat it for the 5th day ... but, man it was good. I still have more than enough for a couple dinners

Comment

Are my husband and I pigs then? Stuff I make in the crock pot only lasts us for dinner that night and 2 servings of leftovers.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                                Working...
                                X