This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that jerk my chain...

So, what kind of people really jerk your chain? For me, it's rudeness or those people who like to think they're god's gift to the human race. Fundamentalists bother me too; the die-hard type that can't think for themselves, think all the answers to life are written out in "The Book" and they insist you must follow "their way". Also drivers who are in such a hurry to pull in front of you then stop to make a turn a quarter mile away. They need slapped. People who won't clean up after their dogs in public places. People with rotten breath that insist on speaking close to your face. Have a mint for Christ's sake or see a damn dentist and get those gums sandblasted. There's more but it's your turn.

Administrators Note:

Welcome to the slightly more manageable 2013 Version of our most popular thread. The original 20,500 post monster thread is located
    Here for your browsing pleasure.

Thanks,
    Kool

Today the doctor told me that she "strongly advises" that I stop drinking all caffeine. It hasn't even been 12 hours since my last one, and I'm dying for a cup of coffee.
    "I want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares."--Saul Bass

Comment

Why do you need to cut caffeine?
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Might be TMI haha, but to be as discrete as possible, I went to the doctor about a lump and found out a certain part of my body is fibrocystic. She said caffeine only makes it worse (and I've been drinking a lot of coffee lately), so I should stop and see if that makes a difference.

Comment

I went to college with a girl who experienced that. Same thing - found a lump, quit caffeine, no more lump. She was insane to be around at finals.
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Ye gods, caffeine is about the only vice I have left! I'd lose my mind without it.
            This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
            "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Originally posted by garricks View Post
              Ye gods, caffeine is about the only vice I have left! I'd lose my mind without it.
              Lol, so true. I've given up just about everything else so coffee (and cigarettes) are the only two vices I have left to get through the days.

Comment

I've quit smoking as well. I'm not one to preach, but i've done irreparable harm to my heart and lungs by smoking. The earlier you quit smoking, the more you reverse its effects.
                This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Yeah I'm super glad my lump isn't anything scary, but damn it I need my coffee lol.

I have never smoked, I've never done any sort of recreational drug, and I only have a glass or two of wine about once a month. But coffee....me and coffee need each other.

Do you think I can still have dark chocolate? Does that count as caffeine? If so I'm not going to make it lol.

Comment

Designers using 100 characters in a file name. Stop it.

Learn to abbreviate or GTFO.

BC = business card LH = letterhead. There is absolutely no need to type out the client's full name, their company name, date and city the file name.
                    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I sometimes like to add a date to a file name. much easier than trying to search through several or even several "final" "final2" final3... when people say final and then "wait we now have some changes"
                      Dribbble Page
                      Behance Portfolio
                      Linkedin Profile

Comment

I do a couple of small advertising magazines - I'm happy if they name the file with their own company name instead of the magazine name.

Comment

Religion and politics are two things most humans can argue about til they are blue in the face.
                          My philosophy is "you have your beliefs and I have mine, let's move on." Far too often a set of perceived values from one class tends to be foisted onto another. IMO, that would be wrong.

Comment

That is my NUMBER ONE pet peeve!

Comment

I've recently given up caffeine. I hate my life.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X