Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email: Dear client, attached is the PowerPoint slide set you asked me to design. Please note that there is no pie chart on slide two because you did not send any data with which to create a chart. Please send me current numbers so I can complete your presentation.

Response: This looks great!!! Please add the pie chart to slide two and it'll be ready to go.

*headdesk headdesk headdesk*
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• Email from coworker: "I need logos for Facility 1, Facility 2 and Facility 3, but can't find them. Please send them to me."

My reply: "All official logos can be found here (link included). If you cannot find a logo you're looking for, it should not be used. Facility 1 and Facility 2 are no longer within our scope. Thank you."

His reply: "I did some more digging and a guy in Finance sent me this." Includes a PPT slide with ten-year old logos from all three facilities.

My reply, copying in the manager of our creative department: "Please use the website. Do not go to Finance for logos."

*headdesk*
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• When a client tries to negotiate a 30% discount on a rush job, then tells you they'd like you to come on location shots with them to Miami and Singapore.

Comment

• Just finished a Freelance job for a little company, they are very happy with my work, and one of the clients wants to continue working with me in another project.

Client: So, I'd like a logo.
          Me: Ok. (tells usual logo fee, which is not expensive at all).
          Cliente: oooohhh that much? Why though? Why are logos so expensive? Why do you charge SOOO much for a logo? -says the client, wide eyed-
          I try my best not to eyeroll and sigh in frustration, but give a very dishonest smile.
          Me: Because... I am good, like really good.
          Client: This logo cost me half the price. - points at the logo, he just said he didnt like, and wanted me to also re design-

What really annoyed me thought, after all that, I was stupid enough to offer him a significant discount on the logo but considering he asked for a complete campaign. He, OF COURSE, ended up only paying for the logo, and making the dissapear act. Thank God I, despite my clear show of stupidity, had the sense to at least ask an advance for the value of the logo.
          Last edited by Momoshy; 03-10-2017, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• KitchWitch
            KitchWitch commented
            Editing a comment
            Valid complaint, and the client may have balked no matter what you said. However, if I went to a mechanic and asked why my repairs would be so expensive and he/she said, ''Because I'm really good,'' I'd walk. You need to be able to sell your business. Explain the importance of a quality logo. If nothing else, explain that by going to a professional and getting proper vector art in proper file formats, you'll be saving them big money down the line on printing.

• Possumgal
            Possumgal commented
            Editing a comment
            People don't understand that a logo is not like any other business piece. It represents the company, and will continue to do so for a long time and in many ways, whether on mailings, billboards, business cards, vehicle wraps, TV ads, and so on. It's the face of the business, and if done well, is very valuable.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• SniffySlug
          Seeking Help on 123Design Project.
          SniffySlug
          I need to adjust the thickness of the inside in order to print the object but now I can't figure out how to increase the inside. its currently .4mm and it needs to be .7 or .8. I have tried the tweak,...
          Yesterday, 10:07 PM
        • TaMac
          Reply to Portfolio in need of a review!
          TaMac
          Yup. That is a massive fail! Good to know however...

Here is the proper link

https://taramaclean.myportfolio.com/projects

Thanks!
          Yesterday, 08:17 PM
        • trevoz
          quark 2016 and fontexplorer
          trevoz
          I have just installed QXP2016 and now I cannot run FontExplorer X Pro. Every time I run Font explorer QXP crashes. QXP will not open if Fontexplorer is open. Any one else having these problems
          Yesterday, 05:29 PM
        • Teejaa91
          EAN13 batch design
          Teejaa91
          Hi everyone,

For my job in the wholesale I have a question (how to find a way to automate EAN13 barcode in my designs). I recently learned a lot about CSV files - excel and datamerge etc....
          Yesterday, 02:28 PM
        • KitchWitch
          Reply to Portfolio in need of a review!
          KitchWitch
          Hi Tamac and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
          Yesterday, 10:39 AM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X