• Time
  • Show
Clear All

lmao Virgo .. that really gave me a chuckle

Comment

lol virgo that made me snort.
      Design is not decoration.

Comment

As many of you have noticed this new software hates threads over 13 pages. With this in mind we will be closing all of our super long threads and creating new more manageable versions. You can still visit the original archive version of this thread via the link in the first post.

Thanks,
        Kool

Comment

That's too bad. Part of the charm of the "Things that Jerk My Chain" thread was pointing out to Newbs that Graphic Design had several thousand reasons to describe it as not being all Fame and Glory.
          ‚ÄčAh well. I love progress.

Comment

• PanToshi
            PanToshi commented
            Editing a comment
            You can always point them to the archived link that is in the first post.

• Kool
            Kool commented
            Editing a comment
            This thread started in the very first forum software before the one that Allen custom built, which was before VB3 which was before VB5. Just imagine all the dead links, deleted spam, old signature text which turned into strange paragraphs at the end of posts and other weirdness contained in there. LOL the whole forum will probably speed up a bit just from not having to deal with it daily.

On the plus side. We won't have to deal with any bullshit to get to the last unread post, just a single click. Hopefully before we get to 13 pages (500 or so posts from now) they will have the pager completely fixed.

It will be up to us to keep the thread going well into it's second decade. I'm sure we haven't run out of things that jerk our chain

Comment

Not as long as we have customers and their Easy Button to deal with.
            No cell phone, no Facebook, no iAnything. Am I missing something?

Comment

It jerks my chain that the announcement I made about modifying long threads doesn't show up as an announcement post at the top of each forum like it used to. Instead it shows up as a disembodied box of text at the top of every single pancaking thread.

Comment

• Kool
                Kool commented
                Editing a comment
                It further jerks my chain that even though I deleted the above mentioned announcement it still seems to be there.

• Red Kittie Kat
                Red Kittie Kat commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL sounds like you are having fun FWIW I don't see it anymore.

Love coming into work, not even able to sit down or turn on my computer to be lectured for 10 minutes that there's a typo in a email sent out to 1000 ppl or so. Doesn't matter that my boss and the writers signed off on it and nobody caught it. It's my fault. Effff.
              If three designs are shown to a client, your least favorite will be chosen or any combination of worst components of each. If two designs are shown, a third will be requested. If provided, then one of the first two will be chosen.

Comment

• Kool
                Kool commented
                Editing a comment
                It is always our fault

• Tiggy
                Tiggy commented
                Editing a comment
                Yesterday I spent most of the day being hard on myself for it. I feel better now, and hopefully I'll just be really thorough even though these things happen at every company.

Somehow the music on my phone keeps deleting itself, along with some other strange business. The charging port is also starting to be a real PITA. This all started happening recently, and I'm due for an upgrade (which I don't want to use) next month. Quite the coincidence
              I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

• Marsupial
                Marsupial commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm convinced that Verizon has a button under their counter that remotely destroys phones. Every time I go in there when hubby is upgrading, they try to make me upgrade. I tell them I don't want to upgrade until my phone dies. Wouldn't you know it, my phone dies within a day. Coincidence? I think not.

• Lith
                Lith commented
                Editing a comment
                I really like the phone I have now and there hasn't been any drastic jump in technology so I've been hoping I could save my upgrade till something comes out I HAVE to have. I'm hoping that maybe whatever's wrong with it is something that the insurance covers.

• Virgo Nightingale
                Virgo Nightingale commented
                Editing a comment
                In the months before my upgrade, my phone would restart by itself, the home screen wouldn't rotate horizontally when I turned the phone, everything got super slow, upgrades and new app downloads wouldn't happen. It just *knew* it was being replaced soon and started behaving like a spiteful bitch.

I've been hearing people having trouble with the latest iTunes update.

Comment

Just leaving work and noticed my bicycle has a flat. Agggghhhhhh! *$!!@-#!!!!

Comment

• Red Kittie Kat
                  Red Kittie Kat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  oh no

• BJMRamage
                  BJMRamage commented
                  Editing a comment
                  a bit late, but ...UNICYCLE!

• B
                  B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not only was it flat, my tube of repair glue was dried up. Being the last one at work and sort of stuck, the local light rail got me most of the way home. Walking and running took care of the final four miles. Not so bad except for the 95-degree F heat.

Unicycle?

I stopped at a roadside stand to pick up some "Local Fresh Sweet Corn" yesterday. Those of you lucky enough to have eaten real fresh local corn on the cob know that the difference between it and the stuff you get at the grocery store is like night and day. Unfortunately this stuff wasn't it. I'm pretty sure it was the exact stuff my local super market has for half the cost.

Sheeze, if you can't trust a guy under a tent in the corner of an empty lot who can you trust LOL

Comment

• Kool
                  Kool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "There is no local Utah corn until about the first of August"

I was wondering about that, I should have known better. The best is when you head up toward Tremonton and get it from the stands right next to the fields.

• BJMRamage
                  BJMRamage commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We have a CSA we go to (Community Supported Agriculture? we pay a fee to farmer and pick up produce each week) and the past two weeks they gave us corn. first week it was tough, not too sweet and starchy....this week was very tender, somewhat sweet and stuck all in your teeth.
                  I can't wait for good corn.

I did buy corn from local grocery here (Wegmans) for Mother's Day Party and it was AWESOME. tender, sweet and delicious. -not sure where it came from though. (it reminded me of corn from our garden growing up)

• garricks
                  garricks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was gonna say, I thought it was early for sweet corn as well. But that's just wrong.

I have a coworker who lives in Illinois with her dairy farmer hubby and family. Not only does she bring us fresh sweet corn from the farm down the road, she brings us the most amazing yogurt I've ever tasted! It's always a huge treat when she brings in a big brown paper bag.

Same here ... no corn until the beginning of August. If you see if before it's not "home" grown. And you can really tell the difference. Store bought corn is almost plastic, mealy and sometimes unchewable .... there is nothing like a fresh ear of Honey & Cream Corn slathered in butter and salt mmmmmm

... you can't hardly ever find that in a store. My Dad used to grow it as well. Brings back good memories

Comment

Good ol' Taber Corn is the way to go up here. Same situation, buy from the back of a truck, set up under a tent in the parking lot. We also get a lot of fruits from the Okanagan starting to show up around now. I've seen the fresh Cherry stands starting to arrive...can't wait!
                  Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                  | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                  | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Oh my gosh you guys are making me hungry. I want my own garden to grown my own corn.
                    If three designs are shown to a client, your least favorite will be chosen or any combination of worst components of each. If two designs are shown, a third will be requested. If provided, then one of the first two will be chosen.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Clinton78
                      One off off-set lithographic Print?
                      Clinton78
                      Hi guys,

I have a situation where I need to commercially print illustrations that are coloured entirely in black. It's basically realistic aircraft illustrations and the aircraft are painted...
                      Today, 11:11 AM
                    • Craig B
                      Reply to Style of Font
                      Craig B
                      To expand a little on what B said. Those monograms were hand created. They weren't just a font, and there's no software that will automatically squeeze them into a shape like that....
                      Today, 11:00 AM
                    • Craig B
                      Reply to Vector art blurry when posted to social media!
                      Craig B
                      Not sure where you got those sizes. I would try this always up to date google doc with various social media pixel sizes.
                      Today, 10:58 AM
                    • PrintDriver
                      Reply to What makes this ad. design awesome?
                      PrintDriver
                      As B noted in his 2nd post,

So without doing the research involved in creating an ''awesome'' ad campaign based on your needs, in your particular location, and one that works with your particular...
                      Today, 10:30 AM
                    • PrintDriver
                      Reply to Portfolio usage of work
                      PrintDriver
                      The designer may own the rights to the design, but they may not own the copyright on any photos or copywriting used in the design or any trademarked logos. In cases where there is client supplied content,...
                      Today, 10:22 AM
                    GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                    Working...
                    X