Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things that make me forget I have a chain...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that make me forget I have a chain...

More of a spiritual plea for some positives on the whole GD experience. I'm tired of seeing the 'Chain Jerk' thread (fun as it is) everytime I log on here. Let's not forget that sometimes it's a lot of fun too!

I'll start:

I was asked to give a small one hour lecture about print production last Thursday at a college class of marketing students. I accepted (though it was litereally a one-night prep) and had a great time. The students were quite respectful, they appreciated the stuff I brought to show, and the prof sent my boss a glowing email of thanks.

Next!

Administrators Note:

Welcome to the slightly more manageable 2013 Version of one of our most popular threads. The original long thread is located
    Here for your browsing pleasure.

Thanks,
    Kool

Listening to music and browsing GDF when I realized that garricks's badger is dancing directly to the beat of my music. I'll admit I stopped to just watch it for a solid minute or two.
    "I want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares."--Saul Bass

Comment

I love when two unrelated things find a mutual rhythm. For me it mostly happens when I'm driving, and either the windshield wipers or the turn signal click coincide with whatever song is on the radio.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Yep, I love that too. I notice the wipers and turn signals a surprising amount of the time.
        "I want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares."--Saul Bass

Comment

A week ago I revived my zazzle store.... today on GDF my product was in one of the ad banners at the top of the page. O.o

I better go work on the store - it's a wee ugly yet.

Comment

I think a lot of those ads are targeted at you. I was looking at some screen printing equipment and for the next couple weeks that site was targeted on every site I visited.

Same goes for the lawnmower I bought a couple weeks ago.
            Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
            http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I agree the ads are mostly targeted. But in a line up of 6 products in the ad, there was mine too.

Comment

I think the ads just go by location for me. Because I get local ads, but none of them selling bunnies or bunny related paraphernalia.
                It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

This doesn't explain why I keep seeing ads for Fiverr.

Comment

Odd, I *just* got one for a clairvoyant. Maybe they thought that seeing I am from the future, I would relate to a clairvoyant?
                    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I don't see any adds at all.
                      “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

I see some targeted (and non-targeted) ads here.
                        i bought some camera gear recently...i've been seeing more and more camera gear ads across the web since then. I already bought my new stuff. i wont be buying duplicates. see how i stopped going to those sites? sheesh
                        Dribbble Page
                        Behance Portfolio
                        Linkedin Profile

Comment

"I got rhythm, I got music, who could ask for anything more!"
                          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

As many of you have noticed this new software hates threads over 13 pages. With this in mind we will be closing all of our super long threads and creating new more manageable versions. You can still visit the original archive version of this thread via the link in the first post.

Thanks,
                            Kool

Comment

I was just told by my boss that several people walking by one of the brand manager's desk happened to see my Landing Page design for a new product and thought it looked awesome.

good to hear positive feedback...and also told this morning the email I designed last looks really good for the consumer-minded audience.

Ahh, nice things to hear at work
                              Dribbble Page
                              Behance Portfolio
                              Linkedin Profile

Comment

• Buda
                                Buda commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Nice! It's always great receiving praise.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                            Working...
                            X