Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things that make me forget I have a chain...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting my Facebook language to Pirate makes me smile

http://www.news10.com/story/23319404...e-a-pirate-day

Comment

This made me smile today...had to share:

British photographer Jason Sheldon has won a settlement of £20,000 (about $32,300 US) over a stolen image of his after initially being offered less than one percent of that.

The dispute centered around a backstage photo Sheldon captured in July of 2011 of pop star Ke$sha partying with rap duo LMFAO. Daybrook House Promotions grabbed the image and used it in an ad last year for a Nottingham nightclub, reasoning that since the picture had been posted on Tumblr, it must be free to reuse at will.
      SOURCE
      Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
      | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
      | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

I'm having a long, hectic day at work with one urgent job after another. Just got this feedback from one of the jobs I got today. 4 photo manipulations done within 2 hours from client's initial request. Phew!

"You are the best They look great thank you very much "

It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Stuff like this makes the day so much better!
          "No one ever called the fire department for doing something smart"
          - unknown

"There's never enough time to do it right; but there always seems to be enough time to do it twice!"
          - Me (not really, but I say it a lot)

Comment

Gotta love it when a national yadda yadda agency (which shall remain nameless) requires a pw to access their logos, but a pdf of their graphic standards manual is readily available for anybody to download. Complete with vector versions of all their logos inside
            I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

Just left the health fair at work. Total cholesterol is good, glucose is good, blood pressure is awesomely low. Happy cholesterol is low, but quitting smoking will fix that. Boom!
              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

have a package waiting for me at home...new iPhone 5S. (work phone)
                hope it is a nice jump from the iP4.

oh, and what looks like unlimited data plan as well.
                Dribbble Page
                Behance Portfolio
                Linkedin Profile

Comment

• Buda
                  Buda commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice. They must love you.

• BJMRamage
                  BJMRamage commented
                  Editing a comment
                  they asked if I wanted an iPad too. I said, not now.

What I almost wrote about last week in chain jerks has made a complete 180. I thought I would share my joy in this project that was seemingly doomed before it started.

Last week, I had a project handed off to me, it started off great. As I had never worked with this particular client before I asked my colleague to review it with me since they are familiar with the client and were the first point of contact on this project. They were as excited about the piece as I was, so I sent the proof to the client. I come in the next day and my colleague had come to the realization that they had not passed along the correct specs... So the proof that I sent to the client was nearly twice the size of what they had discussed with them... Like I need to say it but this is the part I was quite livid about. I had to redesign the entire 24-page report to fit half the size of my original layout during time that I already promised to other clients. In other words a wonderful end to the week.

Today I get an email from the client with another component (a whole other language) that wasn't mentioned to me... By this point I figure this new client must think I'm a muppet (bad pun/joke whatever) so I call and ask them about it. Turns out my resized layout exceeded their expectations and they don't have any layout changes so they had the copy translated ahead of schedule and sent it to me not realizing they never mentioned a translated version and here I was expecting that the piece was supposed to be bilingual and I would have to start from the beginning again...

Essentially that's first proof FTW, which is always a great feeling
                Design is not decoration.

Comment

I realised I wasn’t charging enough for my photography services, because things always take me a bit longer than excepted. So I doubled my price and sent a quote through.

My client accepted my quote.

Feels so good!
                  It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Today I while on hold with a vendor, ​The 80s hit: Holding Back the Years by Simply Red was music the that played while "I kept holding on"...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG07WSu7Q9w

The coincidental pun of it made my day.

Comment

This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

It's been far too long since someone posted here, so I thought I should share this guy, this video made my day.

https://youtu.be/xWI_J3-2Nzg.

Comment

• HotButton
                          HotButton commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hah! Thanks for that.

"It's just a left foot."

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Glitchin
                        Reply to What kind and which book would it be wise to spend on?
                        Glitchin
                        Work for money design for love by David Airey and Know Your Onions: Graphic Design by Drew De Soto are good books for freelancers if your just starting out in the industry.

Also Pretty Much...
                        Today, 03:55 PM
                      • Glitchin
                        Comment on Logo Feedback
                        Glitchin
                        I'm confused. This is one of your designs from your original post right? I meant if you could post an image of the logo the client liked, it might help. "They provided me a Logo they want it...
                        Today, 03:24 PM
                      • Glitchin
                        Reply to Critique Please?
                        Glitchin
                        This is the latest version. I have thickened the CF and lowered the weight of the sound....
                        Today, 02:58 PM
                      • Glitchin
                        Comment on Critique Please?
                        Glitchin
                        Hey thanks for the feedback.

I have tried what you're suggesting with shapes rather than lines, but it didn't work for me.

That's the challenge, making it looking like CF whilst...
                        Today, 02:54 PM
                      • PrintDriver
                        Reply to Portfolio usage of work
                        PrintDriver
                        Nice article B, and illustrates my point about being an LLC or a sole proprietor. The LLC is a business entity separate from your personal life. With sole proprietorship, all of your belongings and assets...
                        Today, 12:42 PM
                      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                      Working...
                      X