Best Sell Ever! (Part Rant)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Sell Ever! (Part Rant)

It sure is nice when a web host helps you sell your client on the idea of transferring their hosting to a new web host!

I have a client who has been with Godaddy for years. I absolutely hate working on sites with Godaddy. Horrible dashboard, slow file manager, and things like setting up a subdomain happen instantaneously on most hosting, but can take hours sometimes on Godaddy, etc.

So I told my client that there are all kinds of benefits to switching to a panel host, and suggested a few. The sell came a few days later when all of a sudden their Godaddy shared server suddenly stopped sending through form emails to them as well as conformations to their customers. I contacted Godaddy support for them, and the tech told me rather calmly, "Yes we have been aware of the situation since yesterday, and are working to resolve it." I told him it was contact form emails that were not going through, and he said yes he could see that the send mail / php mail was getting stuck in the queue and not getting sent out, but it should be resolved soon. About 36 hours later the form mails did start getting sent through again, but none of the test form submissions I had made before came through.

Twelve, yes 12, days go by and all of a sudden they get a mass of customer emails from their contact forms from during that blackout period. My client was already having me make the switch and move the site, but talk about really sealing the deal! Thanks Godaddy! My client was understandably very upset that potential customers had not received a response in 12 days because they had not gotten the requests. Add to that, according to a reverse ip check there are 999 other sites hosted on that same Godaddy server, which is way to many for one shared server. So nearly 1000 Godaddy customers were likely also left hanging for much of that time too.

Humm... Maybe I should send an email to all the owners of those other sites, and see if I can get them to switch.

LOL

So awesome when that happens! (not the 12 days part... the bye bye lame vendor part)
    Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Ha, that's perfect LOL

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Glitchin
        Comment on Logo Feedback
        Glitchin
        I'm confused. This is one of your designs from your original post right? I meant if you could post an image of the logo the client liked, it might help. "They provided me a Logo they want it...
        Today, 03:24 PM
      • Glitchin
        Reply to Critique Please?
        Glitchin
        This is the latest version. I have thickened the CF and lowered the weight of the sound....
        Today, 02:58 PM
      • Glitchin
        Comment on Critique Please?
        Glitchin
        Hey thanks for the feedback.

I have tried what you're suggesting with shapes rather than lines, but it didn't work for me.

That's the challenge, making it looking like CF whilst...
        Today, 02:54 PM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to Portfolio usage of work
        PrintDriver
        Nice article B, and illustrates my point about being an LLC or a sole proprietor. The LLC is a business entity separate from your personal life. With sole proprietorship, all of your belongings and assets...
        Today, 12:42 PM
      • B
        Reply to US Letter sized publications printed in European printing houses
        B
        Printers can trim to any size that's required. As a general rule, commercial offset printers don't print on already-trimmed paper stock. Instead they print multiple impressions on large sheets of paper...
        Today, 12:02 PM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X