Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes Virginia... I AM a Graphic Designer....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes Virginia... I AM a Graphic Designer....

Cheers: To my great joy, I got to reunite with a former co-worker this past week after she was hired by my company (though to a different department).

Jeers: But I practically spit my soda out when she revealed that another former co-worker (at the old job, who I DID not get along with) is telling others that I only got my current job because my dad works here, and he "got me in." Except my dad has NEVER worked for my current employer, and what few people at my job KNOW my dad... well.. they think he's an @$$H0L3.

So, yes Virginia... I DID get hired on my own merit. Not everybody has to lie on their resume or use somebody else to get "in".

Seriously Insecure much?

Who cares what they think? consider how little (both in frequency and disdain) you think of them
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

On one hand Keming- yes, very true. Didn't give a second thought to them until she was brought up.
      That being said, it's a small town here. I hope people do not take her seriously when she says things like that.

Comment

People who take gossip as truth aren't worth worrying over. Those that matter will come to you directly to find out the truth, if they're concerned about it.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Also a very good point Kitch. Well, back to work for me. Hooray... late projects.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
            Reply to Portfolio usage of work
            PrintDriver
            Why would you have someone else's work on your portfolio site?
            Why would you not honor a takedown notice?
            Doesn't matter if you don't claim copyright, or even if you credit the work appropriately....
            Yesterday, 07:50 PM
          • John G
            Reply to What do you think about my new web site?
            John G
            I'd recommend colored borders. love it that you can scroll down and I think "get all the information". Unfortunately, it's in a foreign language none of anything seems to whittle anythng down,...
            Yesterday, 07:28 PM
          • MikeTyler
            Reply to Help with bitmap to vector conversion
            MikeTyler
            The fact that this will be a paint mask and really just needs clean shapes with no regard for color palette I'd assume would be an easier task than taking a full color JPG image and performing the same...
            Yesterday, 06:31 PM
          • John G
            Reply to visually pleasing web design
            John G
            Remember all the things that made it easy to find whatever it was you were looking for on a site? Don't forget about it when you make your designs. The designs come second. Content first.

Yesterday, 06:26 PM
          • Thug-D
            Comment on What should I do? Problem figuring out what would be more economical to spend on?
            Thug-D
            I'm 17. I do not think my passion is going to change because to be honest since the time I was a kid I found computer graphics pretty dope. It's just that last year I got involved in it. At first I thought...
            Yesterday, 05:58 PM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X