Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening New Threads

Hi Folks

I am a newbie so don't know much abuout the place and rules. Is a newbie restricted from opneing new threads in other sections of this forum? I tried to open a thread in Typography section but got a message "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page."

Could someone please explain to me why I am getting this message?

Hello Maxal, welcome to GDF!

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.

---

That sounds like glitch, you should be able to post in that forum.
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

Thanks for the kemingMatters. I had a cursory look at the FAQs, but couldn't locate anything related to opening new threads. I guess I need to go through them in details. Acutally I wanted some urgent help in the Typography section and tried to start a thread. But looks like it's not possible at the moment.

Comment

You should be able to start threads, but you won't be able to see them until the threads have been approved by a moderator. But the fact that you can see this thread suggests that there is something else going on.

Feel free to post a thread on here and a moderator can redirect it into the right forum if required.
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Try it now.

Comment

The forum had a big overhaul with new software (not dictated by any of the folks who actually run the place) a little while ago and it has been noticeably fussy since. The same thing happens to me and I've been around for a couple of years. The mods do everything they can, but there are just a lot of glitches. Be patient and forbearing, it will work eventually. I hope you stick around, you'll find a lot of helpful contributions from the regulars.
            People will believe anything, which means I will believe anythingI want to start believing in things that have shapeliness and harmony.
            -Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Breanne.C
              Reply to Helloooooo!
              Breanne.C
              Actually, I do have a print related issue if you'd like to take a stab at helping me with. Should I post in the correct category with the issue and picture that goes with it?
              Yesterday, 10:29 PM
            • Breanne.C
              Reply to Font ID Please
              Breanne.C
              Oh yeah.

Catorze27 Style 1 Bold best matched it, for the exception of the M, which I easily was able to fix....
              Yesterday, 10:14 PM
            • B
              Reply to Logo Design - Font to match and go alongside chosen logo
              B
              You'll need to add an email address for interested designers to contact you and work out details offline.
              Yesterday, 04:34 PM
            • Peter3v
              Logo Design - Font to match and go alongside chosen logo
              Peter3v
              Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm the owner of a recruitment company whom has a logo that they are happy with BUT would like the name of the recruitment business to be to the immediate right of the logo...
              Yesterday, 12:40 PM
            • PrintDriver
              Reply to Poster for a school project
              PrintDriver
              Still doesn't help the student figure out how to come up with a viable concept. If they had done even the tiniest bit of research, your ''concept'' would have been easily discovered. It's on just about...
              Yesterday, 06:54 AM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X