Vistaprint Rant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vistaprint Rant

So I have a client who uses Vistaprint to print banners. I am not a big fan of Vistaprint, but for some stuff that is more or less temporary I guess they are fine. Anyway, I created several large banners with vector graphics, and my client says he had trouble with just one of them saying they are too low resolution. I fiddled with the file uploaded it again, still the same error!!!

So I take the whole group of vector graphics, convert it to a raster and upload it, and it says it is acceptable quality. So the lower quality file is acceptable, but the high quality vector one isn't? They have some screws loose with their image processor somewhere.

They have a set way of doing things for cheap. And that means lower quality. A better example of "you get what you pay for" is hard to find.
    Fast - Quality - Cheap.
    Pick two.

If you had any transparency effects in the vector graphics, was the Raster Effects Setting at low quality? Some of the Illustrator versions default to 72ppi rather than "High" or 300ppi.

Comment

I thought that transparency might be a problem, so I set any raster output for the pdf to 600dpi, and got the same results. I finally rebuilt the banner from scratch, using the same graphics, and it uploaded fine without the low res error. Maybe somehow I got some tiny stray image in the mix and just couldn't see it. But at the time I could swear everything was pure vector graphics with no transparency or effects in use. Some of the graphics were stock vectors, so maybe something was funky with one of those, but then that does not explain why in the second go around they worked. All in a days work.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
        Fast - Quality - Cheap.
        Pick two.
        Need this tattooed on my forehead.

Comment

You can't read it on your forehead, unless you put it on backwards and look at it in a mirror.
          Oh...you mean for clients to read?

Comment

Hi Misstressmagpie and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X