My head hurts...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My head hurts...

There is a friend on my FB list who either has gotten PS or some sort of graphic program and now they are a graphic guru.... They are making profile and matching cover images.... they are just divine! ............. NOT!

They are so skewed and distorted they are hurting my eyes and my head. All her friends are raving about how wonderful they are ... so I see no sign of them stopping any time soon! Ugggh!!!!!

They are soooo great she is making several every single day. They are so popular she is tagging her own with "no snagging please" They are just her special ones for just her.

You have no idea how badly I want to say ... don't worry .. I won't steal it LOL :P

Here are a just a few .... the horse is VERY popular.

I guess she is having fun and I must sound bitchy ... but it's just so painful I had to vent a bit.

Squishy!

Comment

Oh my giddy aunt.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• Designia
        Designia commented
        Editing a comment
        lmaoooo, I'm using this!!

Yeah, it can be painful when you see people you know do stuff like this. I have just got to bite my tongue.
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Someone I know was talking about "doing a booklet in powerpoint" today.... I'm sorry RKK, maybe you can stick her in your 'restricted' folder - then all her posts will be.... contained.
        Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Yet another demonstration of how obsession with so-called "social media" is a veritable fountain of ill-effect.
          I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

I've got one of those on my feed too, except they are poorly edited blurry trying-to-be-sexy selfies. With the exception of often hilarious drama, I'm sure that's the only thing she posts.
            Design is not decoration.

Comment

• KitchWitch
              KitchWitch commented
              Editing a comment
              My favorites are the selfies that are so amazingly photoshopped, yet tagged #nofilters.

• kemingMatters
              kemingMatters commented
              Editing a comment
              by amazing you mean photslop soup right?

sometimes I think if I said what I thought on the book I'd have very few acquaintances/people I haven't spoken to since school as "friends"

• Momoshy
              Momoshy commented
              Editing a comment
              I find it quite hilarious that, of the people I know, the graphic designers are the ones that manipulate their pictures the least.

ps.- Thankfully, that one friend that got a DSLR camera, and asked me for photography lessons, actually takes good pictures and barely manipulates them /proud.
              Last edited by Momoshy; 05-30-2015, 09:11 AM.

Lmao gang...thank you I can see I am not the only one suffering

Comment

• KitchWitch
              KitchWitch commented
              Editing a comment
              I never bash that type of "art" in public, but I always secretly wish those people would ask me personally if I'd like one/some, so I can respond, "I'd rather set my face on fire."

Oh, ye gods and monsters. And my stock response would be "I'd rather wear fire for a hat!"
            This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
            "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

This kind of reminds me of when my best friend was saying she was getting really good at identifying fonts because she decided that Comic Sans was a good match for Arial. I told her it wasn't even close and left it at that.
              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

That's the worst isn't it? I have one of those and when she asked me to tell her how great it was I told her honestly the problems I saw. Well that didn't go over well. The rest of her followers started paying! her twenty dollars to "create". So that showed me. hmph.

Comment

There is no end to the kitsch market.
                  There's a lot of bad taste out there.

Comment

• kemingMatters
                    kemingMatters commented
                    Editing a comment
                    "Some people's taste is in their mouths."

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X