Not enough money!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not enough money!!!

I do not know if I can afford to live on this salary!!!

It's entirely possible that as a "doer," rather than an "owner," you might never have the feeling of "enough money."
    I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Weren't you aware of the pay when you gladly took the job?
      Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

The bigger question is weren't you aware of the salary issues when entering this field?

Comment

If you do get good money, it will be because you sold your soul, probably. Or the most unsatisfying job.

Comment

Oh you can get good money without selling your soul.
            But it will take a good 10 or more years and a lot of good hard work to get there. If you get there.

Comment

Most people who enter this field leave it within the first several years. Those with some talent, flexibility, ambition and willingness to be in it for the long haul can end up making a good living for themselves.

Those wanting a more sure-fire plan for making money, should consider a dental, engineering or auto mechanic school. For those expecting a more immediate return on investment, while just assuming the future will take care of itself, garbage collection or running a bulldozer actually pays pretty well.

Graphic design isn't for everyone. There are easier and faster ways of making money. Design is really only for those who are driven to do it because they can't see themselves being happy doing anything else.

Comment

Today the money seems to be in software solutions and high math statistical engineering. ie "Bid Data."
                At least around here in Boston. Lots of biotech here.

I wouldn't even say heavy construction any more. My dad was in that all his life, he was well into his 50s before moving high enough up the food chain to make the really decent money. We never went without, but looking back on things, the 'rents did without a lot for us kids. Unless the country decides to re-invest in infrastructure, the heavy construction trades are cyclical with the economy.

Comment

Far as I can tell, if you're willing to handle sewage, you can pretty much write your own ticket.

I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X