Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never hearing back from interviews? What's this all about?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never hearing back from interviews? What's this all about?

So for various reasons I've been looking for a new job. I've been on some interviews, but I'm noticing a trend. People don't seem to follow up after interviews. I went to an interview in April, and they called me back for a second interview a few weeks later, and then the next week was on a conference call with the owner. That's the last I've heard from them. I've contacted them a few times, and they have never replied. If I didn't get it, I didn't get it. But the least they could do is let me know I didn't get it or they hired someone else or whatever.

Then early last month I went on an interview and again got a second interview a couple days later. They told me they would let me know by the end of the week. It's been a month and a half. Again I've contacted them just asking if they had made a decision or anything. Zero response.

Anyone else noticing anything like this? Or is it just my bad luck?
    http://brokenspokedesign.com

I hope this isn't the case in your situation since I hope you got the job.

In general, though, it think this sort of thing is largely people's reluctance to write or call with bad news, so they let it slip rather than dealing with it, like they should. It's always fun to call someone to tell them he or she got the job. It's not so fun to call everyone else with the bad news. Many employers, I think, tend to put it off and off and off until they figure it's too late and doesn't matter any longer.

Comment

As I gaze lovingly at my soapbox, I'll keep it short and just say that generally, the "Human Resources" function (along with the people who typically perform it), has (d)evolved from the once workforce-friendly mindset you still expect, into something more like an "eliminator." Or, what used to be an "additive" process is now "subtractive." And the body of the "subtracted" is of numbers too large to coddle on an individual basis, so they are simply discarded.
      I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Yeah. I guess that's what it is. I remember getting emails (even if they were automated ones) saying that they had selected the best person for the job blah blah blah. And I could I guess even be okay with them not letting me know that they hired someone else or whatever. But to just completely ignore me when I ask about it to me is a sign that that company is unprofessional and not a place I want to work.
        http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

• kemingMatters
          kemingMatters commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I suppose you have your answer right there then.

• Cosmo
          Cosmo commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah. Just saw about an hour ago they just relisted the first position. So I guess that answers that question for me.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X