Get to work! …with partial content.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get to work! …with partial content.

Here's some of the text and some of the pictures. Let's see some layouts. This should be enough to get you started. We'll ad the rest later.

What? You can't just make a template???
    I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Doh!

Comment

I still remember vividly one of the "best" emails I got from a customer I was doing a logo for.

I sent her the logo concept, and this is word for word the email I got back:

"I don't like this proof. Show me another proof."
        http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

"Please mock up some designs for a book cover. Images, book title and text for back cover still to come."
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I can't tell you what I want. But I can tell you what I don't want. I don't want that.

What am I looking for? I don't know. You're the artist. You tell me.

Once I see what I want, then I'll provide you with the rest of the content.

Comment

• PrintDriver
              PrintDriver commented
              Editing a comment
              HB, you have to use single quote mark twice.
              Watch out though. After a month or so, you start using it that way in emails, and other regular typing.

• KitchWitch
              KitchWitch commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup, single mark twice on each end.

• HotButton
              HotButton commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you. I'm surprised by how close together they set. It's ''amaaazing.''

Aww.... how nice of this customer to go ahead and trap his file for me before he sent it. Now what should have taken me a half hour at most has taken me the better part of two days...
            http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

''Here's the file for the 40' x 16' banner I am ordering.
              I did it in scale at 8" x 10"
              That works when you enlarge it, right?''

Or, ''I didn't know you needed bleed for that.''

Comment

Hey, at least you get THAT much. What a dream to actually create something.

my boss:
                -mocks up idea in publisher.
                -"make that"
                -stands over me on occasion and makes literal pixel-by-pixel adjustments

then my FAVORITE:
                on occasion...takes the MOUSE OUT OF MY HAND, MOVES ME ASIDE, and and begins screwing up the work because she "knows photoshop". trust me, she doesn't.

ever been so frustrated you almost feel like your head will pop off your body? ... I used to be such a nice guy!

Comment

• KitchWitch
                  KitchWitch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have a client who prefers to ''talk me through'' edits over the phone. He won't email changes, he won't mark up a print out and fax it. He calls and talks me through every single change and asks if I got that on every single one. The only saving grace is he works in another building, or he'd be sitting with me, doing as your boss does.

Edits over the phone are dangerous, as in, "I never told you to do that."
                No cell phone, no Facebook, no iAnything. Am I missing something?

Comment

• KitchWitch
                  KitchWitch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lol, I ain't scared.

• StudioMonkey
                  StudioMonkey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Edits over the phone leave no evidence its true - we always reproof and get a signoff in writing by email.

You HAVE to cover yourself.

please share it

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X