Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PanToshi
    Reply to Need advice for creating a label
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Magab

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 08:59 PM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Hello. sFear here! :D
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF sFear

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 08:58 PM
  • rtk3tt
    Reply to Avoid borders when printing?
    rtk3tt
    When working with out bleeds I try to incorporate the margin into the artwork. I do my best to make the margin an element of the design so it looks like the margin was intentional. Sometimes I will leave...
    Today, 08:29 PM
  • rtk3tt
    Reply to Logo feedback needed
    rtk3tt
    I think creating some more movement in the design could also help. It should feel more like an event than a company logo imo.
    Today, 08:18 PM
  • rtk3tt
    Reply to Christmas cards
    rtk3tt
    I don't want to hijack the thread, but it is so closely related, that I didn't think I should create a new thread either. I need some Christmas outdoor scene photos and not loving what I see on shutterstock...
    Today, 08:14 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simply awesome

Back in March I suggested to my Boss and the owner of the company that we start setting quarterly marketing plans with hopes of setting a yearly marketing plan as of OCT 1st (the beginning of our new fiscal year)

to accomplish this we have a big meeting 1 month before the beginning of each quarter to go over what we've done/are doing for that quarter, what we want/need to accomplish the next quarter and our tentative plans for the qtr after that.

In this meeting the owner refuses to stay on track with the agenda and continues to go off about his "idea he had this weekend" and wants to get it done now. A few weeks ago we had one of these meetings and we were eventually able to get things planned out (with me being the only designer, web guy, photographer, marketing, advertising, copywriting, misc guy here it's very beneficial to have things planned out. Because of a lot of things my schedule is essentially jammed through the next week or so. I then get this email today from the owner.

(i've copied and pasted so the professional grammar is his)

"we've have to take out a 4x4 or 4x8 ad in XXXXXXXX magazine and the art needs to be into them by the 10th, we should meet around the 6th or earlier and talk about what we'd want to do with it"

AGHGHHGHGHG!!!!! sorry, it's been a bad day so far, so I just needed to vent.
    You see, whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.

I feel your pain brother! I'm having one of those days as well.

Good luck.
    You want it when!? Well in that case, let me pull my magic wand out of my ass and take care of that for you.

Comment

aye a suck ass pancaketastic day indeed
      Tapp-d
      "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

Ack!! My deepest sympathies.

Comment

Bummer!
          "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
          Working...
          X