Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• kemingMatters
    Reply to Motion Blur Part of a Logo
    kemingMatters
    Agreed, the best way to do it is to not. There are better ways to create direction instead of using an effect that won't translate across all mediums as a crutch.
    Today, 04:39 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Typographic Experiment for a School Project
    kemingMatters
    I really hate these "typography" pieces, sorry, there's no rhyme or reason to why you treated each word the way you did, none of the treatments augment the message which makes it nothing but...
    Today, 04:32 PM
  • skribe
    skribe
    Did you mean to include a picture? But adding effects to a vector logo sounds like a bad practice to me, because it should be reproducible in one solid color. Can you make use of speed lines?
    Today, 04:11 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Logo Critique: Child Welfare Reform and Family Support Association
    kemingMatters
    It took me a second to see that the child isn't in fact upside down, this is definitely a better direction, I think that closing off the top of the child's head might help alleviate that tension. The...
    Today, 03:07 PM
  • KitchWitch
    KitchWitch
    Hi James and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 03:06 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simply awesome

Back in March I suggested to my Boss and the owner of the company that we start setting quarterly marketing plans with hopes of setting a yearly marketing plan as of OCT 1st (the beginning of our new fiscal year)

to accomplish this we have a big meeting 1 month before the beginning of each quarter to go over what we've done/are doing for that quarter, what we want/need to accomplish the next quarter and our tentative plans for the qtr after that.

In this meeting the owner refuses to stay on track with the agenda and continues to go off about his "idea he had this weekend" and wants to get it done now. A few weeks ago we had one of these meetings and we were eventually able to get things planned out (with me being the only designer, web guy, photographer, marketing, advertising, copywriting, misc guy here it's very beneficial to have things planned out. Because of a lot of things my schedule is essentially jammed through the next week or so. I then get this email today from the owner.

(i've copied and pasted so the professional grammar is his)

"we've have to take out a 4x4 or 4x8 ad in XXXXXXXX magazine and the art needs to be into them by the 10th, we should meet around the 6th or earlier and talk about what we'd want to do with it"

AGHGHHGHGHG!!!!! sorry, it's been a bad day so far, so I just needed to vent.
    You see, whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.

I feel your pain brother! I'm having one of those days as well.

Good luck.
    You want it when!? Well in that case, let me pull my magic wand out of my ass and take care of that for you.

Comment

aye a suck ass pancaketastic day indeed
      Tapp-d
      "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

Ack!! My deepest sympathies.

Comment

Bummer!
          "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X