Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Break points and Responsive design
    lowfatgraphics
    Not for the client, we already have the project.

This issue came up recently when one of our projects was in development. The developers were doing a poor job and I had a lot of back and...
    Today, 01:57 AM
  • garricks
    InDesign data merge adviceā€¦
    garricks
    I've been given the task of creating a directory of doctors, that will be redone twice a year. Tell me if you think this setup is insane, or if there's a better way.

It's sectioned as fo...
    Today, 01:56 AM
  • <b>
    Reply to Break points and Responsive design
    <b>
    I don't know; it depends on the situation. If the mock-ups serve no purpose other than to tell you what you already know, they're pointless. On the other hand, if they help get a client's approval or...
    Today, 01:44 AM
  • AmitMan
    Reply to Hello from Cambodia
    AmitMan
    Suasday, Sok Sabay?

Welcome friend! I've spent some time in Cambodia, its in my top 3 places in the world!
    Today, 01:24 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Break points and Responsive design
    lowfatgraphics
    Hey everyone,

I recently started a new position at a digital agency and my boss wants me to make a mock up for each device or break point-- iPhone and Tablet especially. I personally feel...
    Today, 01:08 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boss Log...

Very soon us GDF mods will have web logs...electronic diaries of what ever we want. I'm going to use mine partially to rant about how much of a ****ing idiot my boss is.

Bear in mind, on our job folders there is ZERO information. None...hardly any job specs, definately NO deadlines (something i've talked to him about in the past with no results). So I'm at work, creating a logo for a client in Illustrator. He comes up and says in his Penguin like voice "I need to bump this job ahead of what you're working on." I look, it's some job that's not even due till next tuesday, and it's a pissant one to begin with. His wife, she who never ****ing works, and is in the office maybe 1-2 days a week, was supposed to type out the back of this brochure, which had a lot of text. Apparently, my boss told her that I would do it. So the job folder goes back on my desk, unbeknowst to me.

So as I look at the job, I asked him if his wife had finished typing it...he was like no, you have to do it. I said well when the hell were you planning on telling me that? He then tells me the people are coming in today, at 3:00 pm (it was about 2:30 at the time, and nothing is done on this job). I said you didn't tell me the job was mine to do, nor did you tell me they were coming in till today. I was told TUESDAY.

He's famous for doing that...he won't tell you shit about when he told the client to come in for a proof, he'll just spring it on you day of. Communication to him is talking and having pennies fall out of his mouth.

So I said (exact words) "This is horse shit, just put the damn job there on my desk." At this point I'm shaking in rage...and this is only one example of what I've had to put up with for the last 2 3/4 years. His ineptitude knows no bounds. He just passes off jobs to people, and that's that. He has no idea what the term "team" means...to him it means "put money in my pockets while I put my **** in your mouth". He is the most selfish, incompetent, bumbling dotard I've ever had the unfortunate luck for working under.

His time will come, mark my words. When I leave, I'm leaving that ****er high'n'dry.

Know this: Spammers, Flammers and Trolls will be shown no mercy and given no quarter. They will be pursued to the ends of the earth and executed Mod-style.

- Magnus

I like that title, 'The Bosses Log'

Need a graphic?

Comment

Sounds almost IDENTICAL to my place. Mein fuhrer will spring something on me last minute, and say something to the effect of 'This has been sitting on my desk for a week, so we really got to get on it.' I finally said on the last go-around that if the customer asks to have it in a week, I GET A WEEK. Time officially starts on the project once it hits my inbox.

One time both him and the son was both wanting something rush done, and I held both job folders, one in each hand, and said something to the effect that it was totally impossible for one artist to complete two rush projects within said time period.....one was going to be completed, and the other dumped, so choose! I felt like the Riddler in Batman Forever when he had Robin in one cage, Batman's love interest in the other, and only Batman could save one or the other from drowning. It was amusing to see boss and son argue their cases against each other, indeed.

I posted a bunch of thoughts in the 'Jerk My Chain' thread about how *I* would handle situations like this if I were calling the shots.

Patrick Shannon

'Dear valued customer, go home and die. Signed, your friendly graphic artist.'

My War With Culture
      Political incorrectness reinvented.

Comment

Ha! There should be an open season on morons.

Know this: Spammers, Flammers and Trolls will be shown no mercy and given no quarter. They will be pursued to the ends of the earth and executed Mod-style.

- Magnus

Comment

I'd start running.

Comment

I'd start shooting.

Free iPod (explanation)
            ProudPenguin
            P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

I used to have a sign hanging in my office in plain view. (some of you may have heard this one somewhere else, but it drives the point home)

GOOD

FAST

CHEAP
              ----------
              Pick Two

Explanation:
              If you want it good, it won't be fast or cheap.
              If you want it fast, it won't be good or cheap.
              If you want it cheap, it won't be good or fast.

This usually takes a while to sink in, but eventually it will. Wait, who am I kidding!

You don't know what you don't know.
              You don't know what you don't know.

Comment

Heheheh...I may have to print that one out. Screw it, I AM printing that one out.

I am serving my time in hell on earth...at the job I am currently employed at.

- Magnus

Comment

I'm thinking the same thing, that is too clever.

Patrick Shannon

'Dear valued customer, go home and die. Signed, your friendly graphic artist.'

My War With Culture
                  Political incorrectness reinvented.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X