Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to A Generic Brand Video
    PrintDriver
    I love the harsh commentary on the lastest trendy but tiresome visuals/soundbites.
    Made me laugh just hearing it read aloud on the radio.
    The video makes it awesome!
    Today, 11:19 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to GotP'rint and crop marks
    PrintDriver
    The area marked to avoid putting vital info to close to the edge is called a Safety.

If sending a PDF to any print company, check that you don't have to first load their specific Job Options...
    Today, 11:17 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Do I have to upgrade my Macbook to run Photoshop ?
    PrintDriver
    Like I said, if you don't have the hard drive space, Photoshop, and to a lesser extent Illustrator, will take forever to do manipulations because they have to seek for a large enough scratch block to...
    Today, 11:05 AM
  • Obar
    Reply to Do I have to upgrade my Macbook to run Photoshop ?
    Obar
    * * * * * IMPORTANT

I forgot to say that my main concern is that I used to get a loooot this message when I was using this programs.:

"Could not complete command because...
    Today, 09:48 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Friend as a client - problem
    Kayekaye
    It's one thing to be told you need a contract and you have probably heard that a thousand times for years. It's another thing to experience WHY you need a contract. Now you will never make that mistake...
    Today, 05:30 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks! I was going stir crazy after being cooped up all winter... it's great to see the sun again.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

• Yes, and the freedom of being on a bike. Nothing like it.
      It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
      I like it better when it hurts.
      http://www.myspace.com/jeizzavelle

Comment

• Sometimes getting laid off isn't always a bad thing, huh? It has it's moments, though I'm sure you'd be liking a steady paycheck of course.

Comment

• amen to that. lol!

Comment

• Hi Kink, seeing your logo type thing made my morning, how did you do that?!!!

Maybe you could post your reply on the techniques thread...will look out for it.

[/QUOTE]
            Purity and simplicity... and ubuntu.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.
            - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• So I'm coming back from picking something up at a client's office, and I'm driving down the "Strip" if you will, here in uptown and what do I see? The logo of a title company I did, printed huge on a sandwich board, just chillin outside in the rain attracting customers and such. It's always cool to see work you've done actually being used.

Comment

• Awesome news Neballer! Congrats!
                It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
                I like it better when it hurts.
                http://www.myspace.com/jeizzavelle

Comment

• Cool beans Neballer!

Comment

• thanks gals.
                    It was a bit of a shock, because I think I did that logo two years ago.

Comment

• woo hoo! Grats Nebs. You rawk!

Comment

• Yeah...it doesn't get much better than that. Way to go Neballer! That's awesome!

Comment

• I'm pretty happy about finishing my yard work

Comment

• Well, today I had my "2 Week" review. It's about 4 weeks late, but whatever. I got an A+!! Frickin' WOO-HOO!! My managers talked about how I'm doing really well, and seem to be suited to the job well, and how i've been a really good employee, and asset to the company. Alas, it was too soon for a raise, but i got a bunch'a kudosm so I'll take it!
                            Me Blog, ya scurvy dog----> http://dreamindex.blogspot.com
                            click the monkey... you know you want to... <updated 11/26!!

Comment

• gratz dane!

Comment

• I finished up my part-time stint at the local paper last night. I would come home exhausted and smelling like ink the nights I worked there. No more I said! well, actually it was because they were "letting me go" in a few weeks due to budget issues.

So, to replace the income, I landed a job doing production work at a sign shop. Easy stuff, just laying vinyl on various materials which I already do at my full time job. But, there's already talk me doing some designing as well as loads of other long term opportunities just waiting to be snatched up, i.e. managment positions or possibly ownership of the business if the lady looks to sell down the road.

so, it might just be a foot in the door of a business that I've considered starting on my own anyway. so we'll see how it pans out in the next few weeks. If anything, its another thing to pad the resume with.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X