Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to My Life in Typefaces - Matthew Carter
    <b>
    When I think of Adrian Frutiger, I think of, well, Frutiger, which is sort of a humanist grotesk, maybe. Then I think of Myriad Pro. Of course Frutiger didn't design Myriad, but Myriad is pretty much...
    Today, 05:58 AM
  • Pavlo
    Reply to Critique and suggestions on a logo concept
    Pavlo
    I understand what you are trying to achieve (and I have seen some other good examples in a similar style) but to me it doesn't read as 'EFM'. It seems incomplete. Needs more work. Or a different appr...
    Today, 05:46 AM
  • ISitude
    Reply to My Life in Typefaces - Matthew Carter
    ISitude
    Good one <b>! When I think of slabs I think of Adrian Frutiger... but when I think of think grotesks Helvetica always is first on my list ...sigh.

So since we are creating a list ......
    Today, 05:33 AM
  • janetm1000
    Reply to Is this an unreasonable request from my client?
    janetm1000
    As someone who has also worked on client's side, I'm going to offer this point of view:
    you are adding a lot of value in doing these type of "odd jobs" for them. They know they can rely...
    Today, 05:30 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Critique and suggestions on a logo concept
    Kayekaye
    There is no recognition of your initials without knowing what they are. Nicely executed but conception is weak. Try another avenue.
    Today, 04:33 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's awesome Elaine! Congrats!

blog/portfolio

Comment

• Congrats Elaine ... that is awesome

... and you can't beat free food

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• After about 6 months of being engaged, I got on Skype and told Mrs. jld's parents that I had asked their daughter to marry me. It has stressed us out a lot due to her parents being very protective due to them wanting her to do whats best for her career (it's understandable, they have invested almost a million US dollars in her education).

Fathers response: "GAAHHH".
        Mothers response: "Oh my god".

Didn't start off on the right foot, but we both expected it. In the end it turned out better than we had hoped. After confirming that we're not love struck idiots and that we plan to do things properly and not rush any plans, that both our career paths follow a similar track (State side, Colorado) they expressed their approval and support.

One step closer to making it big in the US with my fiancée.

Now comes the truly stressful part; trying to find employment.

Comment

• lol .... parents can be fun

Congrats again jld

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• lots of congrats on here from past reads.

fiancée parents
            free food
            freelance
            graduation-degree

and an awesome Clicking Job
            Dribbble Page
            Behance Portfolio
            Linkedin Profile

Comment

• Originally posted by jld View Post
              they have invested almost a million US dollars in her education
              Good lord. What is she? An astronaut with her own rocket ship?

Oh yeah, Congrats!
              I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
                lol .... parents can be fun

Congrats again jld
                Spanks!

Yeah, they're definitely more 'watchful' of their daughter than any other parents I have come across. But they understand I am a hard working fellow and have seen first hand that we have a healthy relationship. They were just worried that their daughter may get side-tracked in her career ambitions which is totally understandable. Their worry is compounded due to the fact that they are a few thousand miles away.

She's an international student here in NZ. Studying Vet Science. It's around $250,000 just for tuition. Not to mention 6-7 years of living costs and Visa fees.

Comment

• Wowzas. $250,000? I can't imagine having that kind of debt or spending that much on....anything.
                  It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

• Originally posted by budafist View Post
                    Wowzas. $250,000? I can't imagine having that kind of debt or spending that much on....anything.
                    Yeah. The scary thing though, it's cheaper here, and only 5yrs compared to studying in the States which is 8yrs.

That's why Massey, Palmerston North has such a high volume of American students.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadKharma View Post
                      If I wanted to make something I would have to open garage band
                      i use garage band all the time! it can put out a decent product if you fiddle with it enough (i have ZERO musical training.) Here is what i do with it CNSFW LINK CNSFW in case you missed that CNSFW

congrats on the engagement jld!

as for me? not going to work all week! it's been nice not sitting at a desk 8.5 hours a day

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Typically View Post
                        it's been nice not sitting at a desk 8.5 hours a day
                        The couch is much more comfortable.

blog/portfolio

Comment

• Went to a free talk by one of NZ's best web designers this morning. Free coffee and pastries. Chatting to creative people puts me in the best mood. Happy Friday everyone
                          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Went to a free talk by one of NZ's best web designers this morning. Free coffee and pastries. Chatting to creative people puts me in the best mood. Happy Friday everyone
                            Shift?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lumberjack View Post
                              I'm envious of your adenosine receptors. Coffee has no effect on me.
                              Wow, I really just thought something was wrong with me but this seems to be my case. Caffeine doesn't do anything for me at all. I've had the strongest espresso imaginable (at least my friend was uncontrollably shaking) and no energy uptake just a droned out zombie like state but I still couldn't sleep.
                              In life there are a lot of grey areas; not in the conception phase of logo design.

When a person asks you to do work for nothing in return, they are saying to your face, "You're worthless but useful to me."

Shall is a direct command whereas the verb will is a prophecy of the future.

http://www.behance.net/tmt

Comment

Went to a free talk by one of NZ's best web designers this morning. Free coffee and pastries. Chatting to creative people puts me in the best mood. Happy Friday everyone
                                The free pastries come first of course
                                I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X