Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• subdrewgans
    Reply to Company name help!
    subdrewgans
    I've always been taught when naming a company or helping one name a company the first thing to do is think even in the spelling of the name how to differentiate yourself or make something unique. If you...
    Today, 07:34 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Company logo redesign - feedback
    <b>
    One of the main purposes of a logo is to establish a visual shortcut, of sorts, that becomes firmly associated and identified with an organization, like a business. It can take years for that link to...
    Today, 07:17 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Adobe Illustrator SVG Transparency/Knockout Problem
    kemingMatters
    If it works for you I suppose it does, but with more pieces you have a greater chance of something breaking. A file done the "hard way" will be a smaller file size and easier to manipulate in...
    Today, 07:14 PM
  • Staisman
    Reply to Please help with company logo
    Staisman
    Ok what you think about this one. I am not sure about color skim but let's not take it in consideration right now. What about logo itself?
    My last and first name starts with an "S". I...
    Today, 07:05 PM
  • Staisman
    Comment on Please help with company logo
    Staisman
    You are all too materialistic guys. I am a member of the many forums, and if a person come to the forum with a problem I would help him as I could. You have a problem I will give you a solution, I won't...
    Today, 07:01 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He wouldn't actually throw him out, and I wouldn't let that happen if he wanted to. I was just emphasizing how much boyfriend likes his stuff. I already picked out a gate/pen to section off the house when we can't keep a constant watch on him and he'll be in a crate when we are sleeping or not home.

The house will be fully puppy proof and the games and most electronics will be put in the office/studio where I won't let the puppy go ever because there is just too much expensive equipment to keep safe.
    "I want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares."--Saul Bass

Comment

• Originally posted by iambunny View Post
      he'll be in a crate when we are sleeping or not home.
      I used to think crate training was inhumane. Then I got a puppy. It's the only way to go. Nerdo used to go and chill in his kennel, he really did love it
      I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

• yea my mom gave me shit for keeping frank in a crate when we weren't around at first. now that they have a dog too, guess what they have for when they aren't around??? frank RUNS into his crate when i tell him to (because he gets a treat) and he's been in there since he was a puppy so he doesn't know any different. i'm sure he'd love to have free range of the house but i don't fully trust him, he'll be one year old on the 19th of this month. maybe, in a few years when hes a little calmer he might have that luxury, but for now he stays in his crate.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lith View Post
          I used to think crate training was inhumane. Then I got a puppy. It's the only way to go. Nerdo used to go and chill in his kennel, he really did love it
          I always wanted to crate train the puppies we had when I was growing up because I heard good things about it, but I was always so entralled with the puppy that I would just cuddle with it at night instead of using the crate. My dog even peed in my bed once ...

Now that I'm older and I'm the one responsible for the house if something is destroyed or peed on, and because I need to get my sleep at night for working full time, I am definitely doing the crate training. I've never heard a bad thing about it, and I only think it becomes inhumane if that's where your dog is 95% of the time. Puppy will only be in there when both of us aren't home or at night. The rest of the time he'll be frolicking about the house or just confined to a certain super-puppy-proofed portion of it if we can't be constantly watching him for whatever reason. Boyfriend is working from home now so he'll be able to take him out and everything during the day while I'm gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Typically View Post
            he'll be one year old on the 19th of this month. maybe, in a few years when hes a little calmer he might have that luxury, but for now he stays in his crate.
            It took about two years before I started letting Nerdo out every so often - trips to the store, etc..., sometimes I'd leave him out and act like I was leaving but immediately come back figuring he's less likely to do mischief if he doesn't know how ling I'm gonna be gone. After 6 months of that I now leave him out full time. I passed the kennel on to my buddy so I couldn't go back if I wanted to

Comment

• Greyhounds are crated for so long at a track growing up most retired-racer owners say their greys love the crate. we had a gate, but no crate and luckily Jewels has been fine.
              in fact, they prefer a crate as it make them feel "at home"

Though she does manage to find just the things that are Luke's and chew on them. blocks/crayons/batteries from his toys/little snacks he gets at parties. we leave a steak on a plate and walk out of the room and it is fine, not Luke's stuff.
              Dribbble Page
              Behance Portfolio
              Linkedin Profile

Comment

• Originally posted by iambunny View Post
                confined to a certain super-puppy-proofed portion
                Cautionary tale ahead.

5 or 6 years ago one of my friends had a chihuahua puppy he used to keep in the bathroom when he wasn't home or was sleeping. One night he woke up to the puppy screaming and a wicked stench. The puppy had worked the grate off the heat register and climbed through the ductwork ending up IN the gas fired furnace. Burned off both his hind legs to the first joint and most of one of it's fronts. Many surgeries, skin grafts, and thousands of dollars later he's still around, gets along fairly well, and turned out to be a decent dog.

Comment

• oh i finally ditched facebook! too much BS and they don't need any more of my info

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lith View Post
                    Cautionary tale ahead.

5 or 6 years ago one of my friends had a chihuahua puppy he used to keep in the bathroom when he wasn't home or was sleeping. One night he woke up to the puppy screaming and a wicked stench. The puppy had worked the grate off the heat register and climbed through the ductwork ending up IN the gas fired furnace. Burned off both his hind legs to the first joint and most of one of it's fronts. Many surgeries, skin grafts, and thousands of dollars later he's still around, gets along fairly well, and turned out to be a decent dog.
                    Oh my god..................... O_O

Thankfully puppy will get big fast and won't be able to fit in the vents like that, but oh my gosh!!! That's so horrible, and who would think of that! Puppy is gonna be confined to the kitchen where there are no vents in the floor and we are putting child locks on the cleaning cabinet at the very least, if not all of them.

Comment

oh i finally ditched facebook! too much BS and they don't need any more of my info
                      I need to do that, but it's the only way I keep up with some of my family and school mates. I could always change that though.

Comment

• I have a facebook account solely because one of my friends occasionally asks me to look at some photo he's posted. I've accumulated a couple other contacts from people that find me through him. I know plenty of people like it, but it's just never really appealed to me. I can always tell when facebook has pancaked around with their settings because I start getting all kinds of status updates and notifications in my email even though I've disabled it several times.

Comment

oh i finally ditched facebook! too much BS and they don't need any more of my info
                          I was wondering. I went to PM ya about the covers for the TPS reports, I mean Twitter, and you were gone. I thought you de-friended me for a second. Then I realized how absurd that was

Comment

• Lmaoooo

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• hahaha yea i defriended EVERYONE! Too much BS, if you want to talk to me call me or email me. or send me a PM on the GDF

Comment

• Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
                                I have a facebook account solely because one of my friends occasionally asks me to look at some photo he's posted. I've accumulated a couple other contacts from people that find me through him. I know plenty of people like it, but it's just never really appealed to me. I can always tell when facebook has pancaked around with their settings because I start getting all kinds of status updates and notifications in my email even though I've disabled it several times.
                                Retreat to email.
                                "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
                                LinkedIn

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X