Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Pavlo
    Reply to Honest critique for a wedding design
    Pavlo
    Hi PD,
    Thank you. No problem. :-)
    I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't making a specific recommendation for her to use red and black together.
    cheers
    Today, 11:35 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Colors changing in ai when I copy and paste
    PrintDriver
    Before starting any art always check your color space. Going from RGB to CMYK, espcially by just telling Illustrator to do so using the Document Color Mode to just toggle it, will not only screw up your...
    Today, 11:23 AM
  • PrintDriver
    PrintDriver
    When you compare "insipid" to "strong and bright" it can come off as advice.
    Your research suggestion was in a different paragraph.
    That's how I red it.
    I apologize...
    Today, 11:20 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Print Quality Issues... Am I being swindled?
    PrintDriver
    Like I said, some of the older board machines don't do "small" well.

When doing large format, do not expect "digital" print quality where "digital" means high-end...
    Today, 11:16 AM
  • Pavlo
    Pavlo
    Hi there PD,
    Just for the record: I have not given advice to janetm1000 to make it a strong red and black.

My suggestion to her was, "...to do further research into Chinese culture...
    Today, 11:10 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spray foam insulation contains isocyanates. Avoid skin contact and inhalation. That means gloves and respirator, even for small jobs.

Common disposable vinyl or latex gloves are completely permeable to many compounds. Sometimes nitrile rubber gloves are necessary.

Originally posted by Gromit801 View Post
    Moisten a rag with acetone nail polish remover. Wipe any remaining foam from your hands.

Scrub your hands gently with a pumice stone if the spray foam has hardened onto the skin. Dip the pumice stone in warm, soapy water and rub it gently over the hardened spray foam. Continue doing this, dipping it in the soapy water frequently, until all of the foam is gone.

Apply a generous amount of petroleum jelly to your hands once all of the spray foam has been removed. Put on rubber gloves and leave them on for about one hour. Remove the gloves and wash your hands with soapy water. This will restore any moisture lost during the removal process.

Tips & Warnings
    Do not clean your hands with water when removing wet spray foam. The water will only cure the foam faster.
    I would advice against this. Cured polyurethane is fairly inert. Trying to dissolve it would only cause more damage, both from the solvents and possibly from chemicals that you release from the foam. If possible leave it until the epidermis sheds naturally.

Use a moisturizing cream (not food products) daily, not just after the damage is done. Otherwise the skin will lose its protective ability.

Comment

Got any pots and pans that need scrubbing? Do those and your hands will get done at the same time. Just remembered the last time I used steel wool without gloves. My hands were sore afterwoods. Gloves would have been preferable.
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Don't know if you've found a solution yet, but my husband suggests using super glue (he says it will dissolve the foam) or soak it in Coca Cola (the mild acid will weaken the bond).

Either way, good luck.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Polyurethane is used to coat chemical tanks because of its high resistance. There is nothing that is safe for skin contact that will dissolve polyurethane.

Comment

Well Kool I think you have found the one substance that will save mankind from the next nuclear attack... coat your bodies in spray foam! We can live on in solitude with the roaches
            Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
            - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

Lumberjack, when you mention Isocyanates and Respirator in the same sentence it's best to mention a REAL respirator, properly fitted with a freshly applied organic filter. Not a dust mask.

Comment

Sorry I just got back to this, was a busy weekend. Lots of too late but still useful advice

The Gasoline took 90% of it off and the rest which was kind of a thin film mostly wore off over the weekend. I still have a few spots between my fingers. The best advice in this thread is don't get your hands wet before trying acetone or gas or whatever. Trying soap and water first turned it rock solid.

Comment

Some great tips here. Including something to add to my list of "what NOT to bring to an orgy". (And it's not mayonnaise.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ang View Post
                    Well Kool I think you have found the one substance that will save mankind from the next nuclear attack... coat your bodies in spray foam! We can live on in solitude with the roaches
                    Only as our slaves. But we're cool with that.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X