Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• salsa
    Reply to Can someone help me with this design?
    salsa
    A book? There's hundreds. People spend years studying this and trying to figure it out. Not sure it can just be learned in a book (although a lot of books will advertise themselves to do that).
    Today, 04:59 PM
  • salsa
    Reply to Designing for large companies
    salsa
    Agreed with the above points. Also, to me, it feels a little amateurish to go straight for the fortune 500 companies rather than starting with the little guys. A start up is very unlikely to get work...
    Today, 04:54 PM
  • salsa
    Reply to Help Needed - Graphic Design Essay
    salsa
    Sounds like the first thing you need to do is some more broad research to see what information is out there that you could write your essay on. Try the web, of course, but also go to the library and browse...
    Today, 04:45 PM
  • salsa
    Reply to Feedback on my logo
    salsa
    The logo looks a little like the web ten years ago when bevel and emboss were used a lot, so if you're a web designer and developer it makes you look behind the times. Take a look at current logo design...
    Today, 04:42 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Feedback on my logo
    PrintDriver
    Maybe start with not using Photoshop to create logos.
    If you are using Illustrator, don't rely on the bevel and extrude function to give you adequate shading. If you look at that in wireframe, what...
    Today, 04:23 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $250 cell phone bills. I mean WTF, I don't even know that many people

Comment

• I had 900+ total minutes on our shared plan through Cingular and between the four of us we still managed to produce rollover minutes. I did my best. Not all of the 900 minutes where chargable because some where weekend/nights/Cingular members.
      Less be more.

Comment

• People that park their cars in the bike lane.
        It's not about the world of design.
        It's about the design of the world.
        Massive Change

Comment

• ^^Word
          People that drive in the bike lane, or fail to realize that it is a lane at all and take kamikaze left hand turns into you.

Comment

• Making anything in Caligari's Truespace. ugh.

I'm gonna go throw up if I see another poorly designed icon.
            Last edited by John G; 10-25-2005, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Grunge artwork posted on the GDF showcase. It doesn't have involve text or have a message which is the basis of graphic design in my opinion. It would be different if they responded to our posts to better themselves, but they post and ditch. They want a pat on the back and for us to tell them it is the coolest thing in the world. I just won't do it anymore. Not that I did it anyway. Illustration/artwork are not graphic design just cuz you used a computer to create it. Rant over. Have a nice day.
              Less be more.

Comment

• I hate when people start threads about "things that jerk my chain" and they never end. People keep thinking of things that jerk their chain and it never ever stops, stop complaining!!! Can't we all just get along?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mynock
                  Grunge artwork posted on the GDF showcase. It doesn't have involve text or have a message which is the basis of graphic design in my opinion. It would be different if they responded to our posts to better themselves, but they post and ditch. They want a pat on the back and for us to tell them it is the coolest thing in the world. I just won't do it anymore. Not that I did it anyway. Illustration/artwork are not graphic design just cuz you used a computer to create it. Rant over. Have a nice day.
                  Well yeah, and half of it is just splattering free photoshop brushes all over the place and calling it art.
                  Brent Simon is God | add me on myspace | Tutorials and stuff | download vector packs

aim - mylkhead

Comment

• Originally posted by mylkhead
                    Well yeah, and half of it is just splattering free photoshop brushes all over the place and calling it art.
                    I like your paint splats because it's your identity. It's art for bands. It fits your audience and has been that way alot longer then the new "trendy" artwork that has popped up here recently. Keep on the anti-grudge fight my man!
                    Less be more.

Comment

• Agreed on the grunge artwork. "Say my work looks good, puleaazzzzeeeee!!! I'll come back in a week!!!" I said it before and I'll say it again, give me an hour, Photoshop (really doesn't matter which version), some free brushes, and I'll permanantly keep my web browser on google's image search...I'll have at least 10 done.

This novacaine not wearing off is jerking my chain. God I hate dentists.

Comment

• People that don't wash their hands after using the men's room really tick me off. People that do the "run the water for less than a second to pretend that I'm washing my hands" thing are even worse.

Comment

• and THEN they expect you to shake their hand later in the day and get all funny if you don't want to!
                          "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

• I dont wash my hands

what's the big deal, I dont wash my hands after I touch my arm... what's the difference?
                            SIZE DOES MATTER!

Comment

• Internet Explorer.

Comment

• Damn those scrollbars, eh?

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X