Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• rtk3tt
    Comment on Getting started...
    rtk3tt
    read through them thanks!!
    Today, 08:02 PM
  • 858graphics
    Are you interested in selling your company?
    858graphics
    I am interested in purchasing printing companies. Please let me know if you are interested in selling and we can discuss.
    Today, 06:24 PM
  • Magab
    Need advice for creating a label
    Magab
    Need some advice. I would appreciate any comment and good suggestion to improve this label.
    It will go to the honey soft set made with blueberries. Actual size is small (3,5 x 13 cm).
    Today, 05:06 PM
  • sFear
    Tron-type Grid Theme for TankPit Game
    sFear
    I've been trying to create a new graphics theme for TankPit (just an online game I play). My friends have told me it's hard on the eyes.

How to have the Tron-type, illuminated cyan look...
    Today, 03:21 PM
  • sFear
    Hello. sFear here! :D
    sFear
    Hello everyone!

I'm just recently getting into graphics design. I found this site through Google and thought I might be able to learn a lot and get some good advice from the experts!
    Today, 03:05 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lith View Post
    I just received files from a gd that worked with me at my shop about 4 years ago. She worked here for about three years. She also just sent me business cards layed out in photoshop. With no bleed.
    Good teaching job you did there!

I kid, I kid.
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• I swear we missed that memo somewhere, Lith.
      Apparently we are supposed to be able to print with no bleeds now.
      Rampant.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
        I swear we missed that memo somewhere, Lith.
        Apparently we are supposed to be able to print with no bleeds now.
        Rampant.
        I've noticed that too. Even place I used to get files from with no problem I now have to request bleeds.

g. I guarantee she wasn't pulling that crap here. I'm betting she had enough money for one program and saw ps as a program she could use to do it all. Or enough to get by
        I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

• Originally posted by Lith View Post
          I've noticed that too. Even place I used to get files from with no problem I now have to request bleeds.
          Heh. Last week I accidentally sent a file without bleeds, and the printer rep actually called me to ask me if I was OK. I had just grabbed the wrong joboptions file by mistake.
          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• At least the rep showed he cared enough to call.
            "Geometry can produce legible letter but art alone makes them beautiful. Art begins where geometry ends, and imparts to letters a character trascending mere measurement."

Comment

• No, what was funny was that he called not to tell me the bleeds were missing, but that because the bleeds were missing he thought there was something wrong with me.

Comment

• 8 page newsletter before 11am. (9am now).

GO!

Comment

• Originally posted by garricks View Post
                  No, what was funny was that he called not to tell me the bleeds were missing, but that because the bleeds were missing he thought there was something wrong with me.
                  visualizing gruff voice, "What the hell is wrong with you???"
                  LOL!

Comment

LOL!
                    lol
                    I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

• Originally posted by garricks View Post
                      No, what was funny was that he called not to tell me the bleeds were missing, but that because the bleeds were missing he thought there was something wrong with me.
                      Well.... there is.
                      "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
                      LinkedIn

Comment

• Originally posted by jld View Post
                        8 page newsletter before 11am. (9am now).

GO!
                        That's right up there with 24 large format printed, mounted/laminated, and trimmed...... all by the end of the day. I couldn't stand up straight that evening.
                        "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
                        LinkedIn

Comment

LOL!
                          "Geometry can produce legible letter but art alone makes them beautiful. Art begins where geometry ends, and imparts to letters a character trascending mere measurement."

Comment

• the sound of the printer jamming

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• Hi Everyone...long time no see!

Life's been completely insane round here. Hopefully soon I can jump back into conversation more

For now...I just had to get this off of my chest to people who would understand why this is making me twitchy.

I've been corresponding with Window World through email to set up an appt for an estimate. They seem to have good prices, and we need new windows in a bad way.

One problem. My rep thinks it's cool to send every freaking email in 11pt Papyrus. In deep purple, no less.

Seriously considering telling my husband that this is a deal breaker, and sending her an email listing the reasons purple Papyrus does not convey the message she is trying to send to prospective clients.
                              Last edited by AlwaysLearning; 04-12-2012, 02:34 PM.
                              I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.
                              -Louisa May Alcott

Comment

• sounds like a legit reason to me

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                                Working...
                                X