Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• lowfatgraphics
    Reply to UX tips
    lowfatgraphics
    Hmm This isn't UX, it is UI... Its common to get the two mixed up but having worked in UX and now UI, there is a pretty big difference.

Now from a UI stand point, there isn't much here...aside...
    Today, 03:52 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Candy Shop Logo
    lowfatgraphics
    "S" is tough to read-- looks interesting. the glossy highlights seem to have multiple light sources tho...might want to double check.
    Today, 03:43 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    lowfatgraphics
    Tough to comment because I'm not aware of its usage...signage or a cup coaster-- how small will it ever be, because at one point the thin tag line with not be readable. So you would have to create a system....
    Today, 03:39 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Font
    lowfatgraphics
    Hey everyone,

I'm looking to invest in a font management software. I've used Suitcase Fusion ($119) before but I've been hearing good things about Font Explorer X Pro ($89).

Today, 03:18 AM
  • arielr190
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    arielr190
    Changed the fonts, removed the texture, reduced the amount of colors & brightened the orange. better?...
    Today, 02:21 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sooooo how much longer till the biebes gets an invite?

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• Is David Cassidy still waiting?

Comment

• Originally posted by garricks View Post
        Two notable exceptions were Aerosmith's "Toys in the Attic" and Disco.
        staying alive were you
        "Geometry can produce legible letter but art alone makes them beautiful. Art begins where geometry ends, and imparts to letters a character trascending mere measurement."

Comment

• More like Gloria Gaynor and the other Disco Divas.
          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• I am most dissapointed/surprised by seeing King Crimson and Stevie Ray Vaughan on that list.
            “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

• OK, side track here for a minute...a co-worker has a problem.

She has a Dual monitor setup with an iMac. Her iMac screen shows images fine. When she switches to the secondary screen (setup as the Main screen with toolbar) in Photoshop the image is Super Hi-Contrast. move PS window to iMac and it is fine. However PPT, Safari/Firefox and the PS panels are all fine (NOT hi-contrast).
              BUT, then she noticed something else. When she drags a window from the iMac screen to the secondary monitor it starts out in hi-contrast (Firefox/PPT) but then when she releases it the window is fine...unless only a 25% or less of the window is on the screen. then that portion it hi-contrast whereas the iMac screen side is fine.

I know this is hard to diagnose over the internet or maybe even understand. but any thoughts would be great.

Thanks
              Dribbble Page
              Behance Portfolio
              Linkedin Profile

Comment

• Originally posted by Brie View Post
                I am most dissapointed/surprised by seeing King Crimson and Stevie Ray Vaughan on that list.
                agreed

BJMR...that is a stumper...wish I was more trechie.
                "Geometry can produce legible letter but art alone makes them beautiful. Art begins where geometry ends, and imparts to letters a character trascending mere measurement."

Comment

• Eww... the Beastie Boys are on the HoF list? Yuck. Somebody put Stevie Ray Vaughan in their place please.
                  (there are lots of people on that snub list I don't know, and others that I just assumed were already in).

And if I may say... go Nirvana for killing GnR. Just saying...
                  I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

• OMG, this InDesign document was set up by a sloth with a head injury.
                    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• There's quite a few that don;t deserve to be on the list. Quite a few one hit wonders really. But yeah, some of the snubs are insane. Deep Purple? The Doobies? Gimme a break!
                      "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
                      LinkedIn

Comment

OMG, this InDesign document was set up by a sloth with a head injury.
                        how so G?

Comment

OMG, this InDesign document was set up by a sloth with a head injury.
                          I'm impressed. Does he wear a helmet now?
                          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

• Ugh. OK, I'm calm. First, I apologize for being insensitive to head-injured mammals.

Looking closer, it appears the document was imported to InDesign from an early version of Quark by someone with little knowledge of character and paragraph styles. There were still character styles applied to entire paragraphs, but then those 'graphs were further modified by paragraph styles. That is, when they were applied. The majority of the document was styled manually, 'graph by 'graph. About an hour of building styles, with proper keeps, space before & after (instead of the existing double paragraph return), nested styles, and actually applying a typographer's hand to choosing typefaces, weights and sizes, and the color of each spread is improved by about eleventy-hundred and seventeen percent.

I will never understand why designers don't take a few minutes at the beginning of a job to plan ahead. I get why people just dive in and style text manually at first, but at some point before the first draft goes to the client, you should take time to sort all that out into proper styles.

Especially with a directory that's updated quarterly!

OK, end rant. It's Friday evening and I'm back in the badger's den, about an hour from a nice, cold, scotch & water.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brie View Post
                              I am most dissapointed/surprised by seeing King Crimson and Stevie Ray Vaughan on that list.
                              I love King Crimson! We blasted their classic 'Red' album along with Rush, Yes, early Genesis, Rush 8-tracks in those glorious days of my miss-spent youth. Maybe a bit too Prog for the RRHOF but I don't put much weight to the organization in the first place but it's nice to be recognized by your peers.

Kind of surprised that Link Wray, Dick Dale and the Zombies are on the list. The UK has their own RRHOF organization and many performers that barely get a nod over here are highly regarded over there.

Comment

• Loverly spam, wunnerful spaaaammmmm

Oh, noes!!!!!! Just arrived in the email:

Subject: Warning! Your PayPal account has been limited.

peypal.com

pey

Rrrrright. *deletes without opening*

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X