Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BJMRamage View Post
    paint fumes!!!

Co-workers who constantly Bitch and moan bitch and moan.
    Last week another co-worker asked if I could help him out with some things and said he learned new terms at our work "we'll see if we have the bandwidth for that" "let's push that to the side for now and come back to it at another time" "we won't have the resources for that for a few more sprints" "we're already pushing out time"

I said those sound like excuses for not doing something. He agreed.

You can't really complain about not having enough time/resources/people to do the things you need to do if you schedule meetings all day and then in between them talk with some of people in those meetings in their office Bitching and moaning about things in previous meeting.

there is no try, only do or do not.
    You can play Buzz Word Bingo with people like that!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buzzword_bingo

"I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
    LinkedIn

Comment

• Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
      Do or do not. There is no try.
      Tsk, tsk.
      What if you did it and people perceive you as just trying?
      In life there are a lot of grey areas; not in the conception phase of logo design.

When a person asks you to do work for nothing in return, they are saying to your face, "You're worthless but useful to me."

Shall is a direct command whereas the verb will is a prophecy of the future.

http://www.behance.net/tmt

Comment

• ahh yes.
        I think I play how many times can I roll my eyes.

that was a good one.
        Dribbble Page
        Behance Portfolio
        Linkedin Profile

Comment

• Originally posted by Gromit801 View Post
          You can play Buzz Word Bingo with people like that!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buzzword_bingo

Hey! Dilbert did that years before! (and funnier too)

One More Thing that jerks my chain: FBOFW

Comment

• Originally posted by TomMonTom View Post
            What if you did it and people perceive you as just trying?
            I don't know, I never finished my Jedi training. Had to go rescue my sister and her nerf-herder boyfriend. She always goes for the scruffy ones.
            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• I don;t know which one came first. The FBFW one was published about 10 years ago. I like it for the pomposity of the boss.
              "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
              LinkedIn

Comment

• If I did the Drinking/Shot game for "source of truth" today I'd be drunk an hour ago.

there are days when I'd like to walk up to the loud talkers punch that person in the ear, as that person turns to see who just did that and say "what the fu—" I nail said person right in the nose...causing the loss of lots of blood via what was a nose.

oddly enough i can smile and be calm as I just imagined it all and all is fine in my mind. in one universe, which we all live in, I'd get in trouble for it...in a parallel universe in my head I'd feel really great right now.

exhale. continue working the grind.
                Dribbble Page
                Behance Portfolio
                Linkedin Profile

Comment

If I did the Drinking/Shot game for "source of truth" today I'd be drunk an hour ago.

there are days when I'd like to walk up to the loud talkers punch that person in the ear, as that person turns to see who just did that and say "what the fu—" I nail said person right in the nose...causing the loss of lots of blood via what was a nose.
                  Loud talkers I can tune out. In the next office over, there's a serial whisperer who never stops. I can barely hear the "pss pss psst pssst" on top of the background noise but that makes it twice as annoying.

Comment

• well, this is the said loud talker from several previous posts in here.

He likes to think he is the one who rules all and needs to be the center of attention at all times. belittles like crazy and is an all-around ass a majority of the time.

But yes, I suppose that whispering can be as annoying.

I guess another way is when I am on conference calls at my desk I need to put it on MUTE so the conference call doesn't hear his rantings and middle-school behavior yellings.
                    Dribbble Page
                    Behance Portfolio
                    Linkedin Profile

Comment

• You could get some of those sound deadening panels (like the ones in recording studios) and fix them on the top of your cube divider/create a divider with sound deadening panels, maybe they'd get the hint. probably not but you can dream
                      Design is not decoration.

Comment

I guess another way is when I am on conference calls at my desk I need to put it on MUTE so the conference call doesn't hear his rantings and middle-school behavior yellings.

That reminded me, last week I worked at home one day so I had to take a meeting via phone. I didn't even think about my pets (the cat is chatty, the dog is... a dog). I couldn't hear everyone in the meeting really well, but I thought I heard someone say, "Is that a cat? Do you hear a cat?" a couple of times. Then the mailman came around, the dog flipped her lid and I heard, "Okay, that time I definitely heard a dog!" No one had mentioned I was taking the meeting from home, lol.
                        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• that's a funny one. I can only imagine home sounds.
                          I too have an ever chatty cat.
                          Dribbble Page
                          Behance Portfolio
                          Linkedin Profile

Comment

• well, this one isn't too bad but we have a meeting today.
                            12noon.
                            Since I might be the only one in the office I might have to start the meeting via WebEx.
                            great, dislike friday mtgs, dislike lunchtime mtgs without lunch provided and i have to lead this.

oh well, perhaps a leave early is in my future today.
                            Dribbble Page
                            Behance Portfolio
                            Linkedin Profile

Comment

• My little Oreo got out this morning ... someone decided to open a screen to let "more" fresh air in

I am so beyond upset right now I can't even focus well

I know he feels bad but I just want to smack him.

I've put her missing pic up on FB for this area so hopefully someone will spot her.

She got out once up in Corinth and came back in a couple days ... hopefully she will find her way back here too.

Keep good thoughts for her ... and me so I don't have a nervous breakdown.

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• So sad I hope you find her soon.
                                "It's not that I don't want to trust people. It's that they give me reasons not to." ~ Me

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                                Working...
                                X