Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Project Ideas. HELP!
    PrintDriver
    if you can only use typography, you can't use "bars".
    In these days of the NSA, militarized police and riots, the word "rights" and the American flag could be construed negatively....
    Today, 10:56 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Logo design for Game Developer
    PrintDriver
    You didn't read the earlier answers in your other thread did you.
    That dragon logo is owned.
    http://www.kali.org/

Swiping something off the web and incorporating it into your...
    Today, 10:49 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Whose logo is this?
    PrintDriver
    You didn't read the earlier answers in your other thread did you.
    That dragon logo is owned.
    http://www.kali.org/

Swiping something off the web and incorporating it into your...
    Today, 10:48 AM
  • StudioMonkey
    Reply to Print image quality
    StudioMonkey
    I usually find that a printed sample of the pic at the size to be used will win the argument. At least then if they insist on using it they can't say they didn't know it was going to be so bad. If your...
    Today, 10:18 AM
  • p.cabral
    Reply to Flyer Critique
    p.cabral
    More comments anyone?
    Today, 08:16 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get a file from a "graphic designer." I request a vector version. Get an email with a new file saying "this should be a vector version." Should be?

And, of course, it was a jpeg.

This "graphic designer" actually works at a place in town that does embroidery and screen printing. Doesn't know what vector means.
    I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

• Last week (actually Friday night just before I was about to leave), get a call from a client giving me a heads up about two ads they need for this Friday, they would be sending the info over on Monday, no biggie... received incomplete information for the ads on Tuesday morning, later that afternoon I received a call; one ad is due before 4pm... Today, get a call from the client; the other ad is due today before 4pm and not this Friday as previously stated...
      Design is not decoration.

Comment

• Went to go drop off my car at the dealership this afternoon. Asked my friend to come with me so he could bring me back home so I could take my dads car to work. I pop (well that's a lie since my trunk never closes, which is why I'm going to the dealership), errrr, open my trunk to come across a lovely musty scent... everything in my trunk is soaked. Luckily I didn't have anything important in there.

Bring the car to the dealership and he brings it in and takes a look at it. We take off the mat that covers my spare only to find at least 5 litres of water in there. My OEM tools are rusted to shit along with my spare so if I ever did get a flat I would be incredibly pancaked.

Still waiting on what the verdict is and what caused all this leaking along with my trunk release malfunctioning although I feel they're related. The water problem happened a long time ago but I didn't think anything of it... god knows how long that's been building up.
        Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

• That stinks.
          We had an issue with our moonroof in the Jetta a while back. Apparently the drains would/could easily get clogged and water would back up and fall from the roof, when the sunroof was closed. This led to not only water in the footwell of the drivers seat, 1-3 inches, but also the sunroof started to malfunction…going up and down as you drive…worst was when it was raining.
          Dribbble Page
          Behance Portfolio
          Linkedin Profile

Comment

• And people wondered why I didn't want a sunroof on my Mini, lol.
            "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
            LinkedIn

Comment

• Originally posted by BJMRamage View Post
              That stinks.
              Literally.

I still smell the yuckyness on me... not sure if that's all in my head or not though.
              Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

• Be damned happy it isn't spilled milk. That sour smell NEVER goes away.
                "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
                LinkedIn

Comment

• Working in InDesign... adjusting font sizes, kerning, moving text around...

Ctrl+C copy a body of text, make a new window, Ctrl+V paste...

"14 pt"

Thanks Adobe. When you hit the little font size arrows, it places a cursor up there and highlights the size, which then gets copied instead of the text I have selected.

I paste font sizes into my documents at least 3 times a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gromit801 View Post
                    Be damned happy it isn't spilled milk. That sour smell NEVER goes away.
                    My ex-boyfriend inherited his mom's old Dodge Caravan as his first vehicle. Since he was one of the first of his friends to have a license AND he could pile many teens in his mini-van at one time, he always ended up being the chauffeur, and boy did that vehicle suffer for it.

One night our friends decided that the evening's activities would revolve around getting high on nitrous. They went around to all the stores in the area and bought several cans of whipped cream at each one.

Needless to say, there was a slew of giggly high teenagers in the back of the van, which at that time had been cleared of all the back seats to carry musical gear. As the cans lost their gas, they'd start spewing flat sweetened cream if the person holding the nozzle wasn't paying attention, which they mostly weren't. There was cream all over the carpeted floor, on the walls... And it collected in the nooks n crannies where the seats hooked into the floor, like little pools of future-rankedness. My ex tried to clean it, but there was only so much he could do considering the several spots he simply couldn't get to.

That van REEKED of spoiled milk for a good month. After that, the vague hint of bad dairy lingered for the rest of the time he owned it, which was about two years after the whipit incident.
                    Last edited by Virgo Nightingale; 05-02-2012, 09:16 PM.

blog/portfolio

Comment

• I think I had a dull life as a child lol

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• One of my buddies used to deliver pizzas for a local joint. Their signature pie is called The Maneater. He only delivered for one summer but that car had the lingering stench of Maneater in it for the rest of the time he had it. People that had never been in it would get in and ask "You smell funky pizza?" If you spent much time in it the smell would cling to you.

I had another friend that worked there as a cook for about ten years. He said that for a long time after he quit every once in awhile he would smell Maneater out of nowhere. Potent stuff.
                        I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

• Originally posted by Lith View Post
                          One of my buddies used to deliver pizzas for a local joint. Their signature pie is called The Maneater. He only delivered for one summer but that car had the lingering stench of Maneater in it for the rest of the time he had it. People that had never been in it would get in and ask "You smell funky pizza?" If you spent much time in it the smell would cling to you.

I had another friend that worked there as a cook for about ten years. He said that for a long time after he quit every once in awhile he would smell Maneater out of nowhere. Potent stuff.
                          Reminds me of Subway. I worked there in high school and my mom's car had the scent of Subway forever. Add to that the fact that I was always going to and from the barn I had my horse at, AND the 4 dogs riding in the car, and you had one hell of a smelly vehicle.

I try to avoid the Subway smell at all costs now though. I'll sometimes walk there on my lunch break now, but I take my sandwich and go eat in the car because I don't want to stay in there long enough to be covered by the smell.
                          "I want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares."--Saul Bass

Comment

• I had a gross smell on my clothes, jeans, shoes after working years at a Deli, that was also a pizza joint with deep fryer and stuff. I smelled like a grease pit.

Years later at another quick eatery, I commented how the smell of grease was somewhat disgusting, I think it was my wife who told me that's how I smelled when i was working at the Deli. GROSS.

Todays Chain Jerk: Check email, web, then look in InDesign (already had it open from yesterday with 5-6 files) and it freezes since it says there was a Disconnect from the Server. Indy freezes to the point I need to Force Quit. And now I CANNOT connect to our server, meaning I cannot reopen InDesign as it won't open the files, so I cannot even check to see if they were auto-saved before the crash. YES. so far, no IT help....think I probably locked myself off the server. I do this once every month or two.
                            Dribbble Page
                            Behance Portfolio
                            Linkedin Profile

Comment

• I got that greasy smell from working at Friendly's (especially the shifts I worked grill). The polyester blend of the uniforms absorbed the smell like a sponge, and then washing it and putting it in the dryer only made it permanent. I'd show up to work already smelling like grease.

blog/portfolio

Comment

• I'd usually wear the same jeans all week since they'd just get gross the minute you stepped into the kitchen.
                                Dribbble Page
                                Behance Portfolio
                                Linkedin Profile

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X