Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Lucifer
    Reply to Need color choice help on logo design...
    Lucifer
    What does this company do?
    Today, 04:52 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to Personal Logo Critique
    Roth
    You're in danger of having too many elements. If you're going to make something of the W being different, make it noticeably different (I assumed the Woodruff was in the W font, and took me a while to...
    Today, 04:46 AM
  • jwood
    Reply to Personal Logo Critique
    jwood
    Thanks for the thoughts and questions. I had several tries with the same font but it always looked too plain. The different fonts seemed to help the logo to stand out but still look professional. I'll...
    Today, 04:31 AM
  • EmberMike
    Reply to The End of Adobe Creative Suite is upon us...Creative Cloud shift
    EmberMike
    Resurrecting an oldie here...

I've been a CS6 holdout but now I'm at a point where I need to buy After Effects and I can't find a reasonable price on it anywhere. My upgrade to CC may be...
    Today, 03:58 AM
  • B
    Comment on Hey guys, I'm wondering which domain name sounds better.
    B
    You might try always spelling it out with mixed case, as in MichelleBethDean.com. Domain names aren't case sensitive, so it'll work with no problem. It'll also eliminate any confusion over what it says...
    Today, 02:00 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iambunny View Post
    Boyfriend just got an e-mail that the San Mateo company wants to give him a contract. This would be 3-6 months on a contract working from here, maybe flying out sometimes, and then if things were going well moving there to work in house. Guess it is happening.
    Hey, you got family in Sacramento, and a smart-ass pseudo-friend closer than that.
    "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
    LinkedIn

Comment

• Originally posted by Gromit801 View Post
      Hey, you got family in Sacramento, and a smart-ass pseudo-friend closer than that.
      Yep. I've been coming to terms with this better over the last week, and i am happy for him. My cousin's wedding in Sacramento is tomorrow, it would have been nice to go to test the waters there, but I don't have any money.
      "I want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares."--Saul Bass

Comment

Yep. I've been coming to terms with this better over the last week, and i am happy for him. My cousin's wedding in Sacramento is tomorrow, it would have been nice to go to test the waters there, but I don't have any money.
        I wish I'd known that sooner. My wife's airline flies in and out of Chicago. Could have gotten you a guest pass.
        "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
        LinkedIn

Comment

I don't even like the great lakes. :P Flying over Lake Michigan to land at O'Hare is scary as hell (and I hate flying in the first place), it looks like an ocean.
          You should try landing at Louis Armstrong International in New Orleans. Looks like the pilots about to dump you into a swamp. Flying doesn't bother me much but that was scary.
          I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

• It's okay, I've got nothing to wear to a wedding anyway.

Comment

• A naturalist wedding perhaps?

I'm used to flying in over the ocean. Logan airport is surrounded by ocean and very rarely do they let the planes come in over the city. Now, landing in a ground fog, that is scary. When I could see the fog bank during that last roll around you know it's gonna be a rough landing (instrument landing). I'll take water any day.

Comment

• Weeding teeny tiny letters allllll day for the last 3 weeks. The company name is a well know automotive company that rents out large crane, and other heavy machinery. There are 2 types to the logo: stacked, and horizontal in varying sizes from less than one inch up to 6 feet long. Logo is: "company name" (in super expanded slab serif font) "Rents" (in helvetica). Stacked logo has company name across top, with the rents in a sort-a reverse weed (baseline is below box though so it's kinda reversed). Hard to explain, but a PAIN to weed. I'll try and take a pic Monday. It's brutal and in my opinion, is worse than brain surgery....
                Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
                - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

• I'll gladly weed letters an inch high all day long. Had one last week where the letters were 3/16" high. Only 9 of them but it took 12 shots with the plotter to get one full set to cut (they were part of a logo that should have been silk-screened to start with but needed same day.)

Comment

• Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
                    A naturalist wedding perhaps?
                    The word you want is naturist.... unless you're John Muir. As a matter of fact, my wife and I had a naturist wedding.
                    LinkedIn

Comment

• My aunt has been texting/e-mailing me pictures of the wedding. My cousin's bouquet is made out of antique broaches, fitting as my cousin works at an automobile museum and met her husband there. I thought that was cool.

No naturists though.

Comment

• He works at the old Towe Ford Museum? Now known as the California Automobile Museum.
                        LinkedIn

Comment

• Originally posted by Gromit801 View Post
                          He works at the old Towe Ford Museum? Now known as the California Automobile Museum.
                          I don't know if he works there or just met her there, but I know she does.

Comment

• That's what I meant. Mental spell check...

Comment

• Jamming something under my thumbnail the other day and now my thumb aches with every touch…thankfully left thumb so not really hitting too many keys on the keyboard.

Also, apparently losing my Wacom Bamboo Stylus last week. It disappeared before I left for San Fran and has not reappeared since and we did a nice cleaning job. Think it may have been placed into the trash (sucks) or Luke hid it but hasn't mentioned it…still need to look through 5 toy bins/boxes if he did mess with it…and a $30 Christmas gift possibly gone.
                              Dribbble Page
                              Behance Portfolio
                              Linkedin Profile

Comment

• that sucks man, i lost the stylus for my wacom a few years ago. thought oh i'll just buy a new one they won't be too expensive. boy was i wrong! i found it a couple months after i lost it luckily.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                                Working...
                                X