Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to How to do this?
    PrintDriver
    I'd think you'd want to be careful that it doesn't look obviously fake, like the first photo.
    The second one is strangely shadowless and floaty.
    The third one is ok, the objects are actually...
    Today, 12:55 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Candy Shop Logo
    Buda
    It's a good start. I like the middle one how it has highlights in the text, but I think the drop shapes are way too big. Have you considered working with candy stripes?
    Today, 12:23 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to How to do this?
    Buda
    Yes.

There are many ways to skin a cat.

Personally, I would do this in Photoshop so that I had more control of the final colour. Photographing colours can result in differences...
    Today, 12:22 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Hello from Nordic
    Buda
    Hi Mikko and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain how the...
    Today, 12:20 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Zazzle, CafePress, Etsy, OH MY!
    Buda
    I've never used Zazzle or CafePress, but I've bought a few things on Etsy.

If your CafePress store is doing well, why not sell your Zazzle items on CafePress and see how you go? It might...
    Today, 12:17 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had Luke with me this morning and he was getting antsy and wanted to climb on the railing for the steps, I tried to tell him to stop (or at least hold on tightly) because if he fell and got hurt I wasn't going to leave the line to get him help until I voted...sure enough he fell and hurt his ear and i grabbed him and could see everybody saying "awww" and i had to again tell him, i wasn't going to leave until I voted. I had been in line at least a half hour at that point.
    Dribbble Page
    Behance Portfolio
    Linkedin Profile

Comment

• Originally posted by BJMRamage View Post
      ...sure enough he fell and hurt his ear and i grabbed him and could see everybody saying "awww" and i had to again tell him, i wasn't going to leave until I voted. I had been in line at least a half hour at that point.
      Double-standards are so not fair. If YOU had fallen and hurt your ear, people would have just assumed you were drunk.

Comment

• nope, the paper bag that fell and the noise of glass shattering would have helped in their assumption.

...or maybe me saying to everyone I can't wait to get my iPad Mini...this is the line right?
        Dribbble Page
        Behance Portfolio
        Linkedin Profile

Comment

• My very strong chain, made out of space age material, broke. I have A LOT of patience but I have no patience for someone asking for changes to materials one change at a time. Apparently I can only take so much of this. The good thing is I have found out where my breaking point is. The bad news is that once I reach that point, it apparently results in me telling my boss I will not accept anymore changes prior to 30 minutes of contemplation on his part regarding what changes he needs. He has one more round. These aren't petty changes. These are changes that are like "I think it would be a good idea to analyze our cities growth patterns since 2004 and display them as percentages." Um, buddy, I'm out of here in an hour and you're getting on a plane in 2 hours for a trip you've known about for over a year. And now you want to get serious about it? Sorry. I suggested a growth pattern study weeks ago, when there was time, and the idea was poo-pooed. Now that you're really thinking about it, it's a good idea? Start thinking much further out. I can crap out a lot of work, but I'm not crapping out an 8 year study in less than an hour. That's being someones b*tch, not their employee.
          You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

• From the hands of the useless printer that sent a proof with months on the wrong order now comes 100 of 750 of the calendar. Months are in the right order. But the back cover is...wait for it....back...wait for it...wards!!!
            Really ?
            Have a frustrated call in right now.
            But for the second time in my life as a designer I got to tell someone to "stop the presses" until it's sorted out.

This is the world/karma reminding me why I'm no longer a full time designer isn't it?
            Or is it punishment for turning my back on my career and selling out to an oil and gas firm?
            I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

• Originally posted by Audentia View Post
              This is the world/karma reminding me why I'm no longer a full time designer isn't it?
              Or is it punishment for turning my back on my career and selling out to an oil and gas firm?
              It's just life. It happens.
              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• Audi, that's ridiculous. Getting it wrong first time is barely forgivable, twice in a row for 1 job is madness.
                It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

• sounds like you need to find a new printer

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• Voting machines...
                    We just get a piece of paper and a black sharpie. Fill in the oval. Send it into the collection machine and done.
                    No candy, no grapes, no stickers.
                    They change our precincts every other year and always have a map. Still got in the wrong line one year because the precinct line fell on my street and it turned out the odd side was in one precinct and the even side in the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by cornfed View Post
                      My very strong chain, made out of space age material, broke. I have A LOT of patience but I have no patience for someone asking for changes to materials one change at a time. Apparently I can only take so much of this. The good thing is I have found out where my breaking point is. The bad news is that once I reach that point, it apparently results in me telling my boss I will not accept anymore changes prior to 30 minutes of contemplation on his part regarding what changes he needs. He has one more round. These aren't petty changes. These are changes that are like "I think it would be a good idea to analyze our cities growth patterns since 2004 and display them as percentages." Um, buddy, I'm out of here in an hour and you're getting on a plane in 2 hours for a trip you've known about for over a year. And now you want to get serious about it? Sorry. I suggested a growth pattern study weeks ago, when there was time, and the idea was poo-pooed. Now that you're really thinking about it, it's a good idea? Start thinking much further out. I can crap out a lot of work, but I'm not crapping out an 8 year study in less than an hour. That's being someones b*tch, not their employee.

You are nobodies B!tch Give him Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
                      "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
                      Aesop

Comment

• Originally posted by Audentia View Post
                        From the hands of the useless printer that sent a proof with months on the wrong order now comes 100 of 750 of the calendar. Months are in the right order. But the back cover is...wait for it....back...wait for it...wards!!!
                        Really ?
                        Have a frustrated call in right now.
                        But for the second time in my life as a designer I got to tell someone to "stop the presses" until it's sorted out.

Oil and gas huh! You have enough free fuel start a fire under his Ass!
                        "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
                        Aesop

Comment

• Antithesis

Had to share
                          http://www.fastcocreate.com/1681920/...s-become-art#1
                          Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purtybluz View Post
                            Buda beat you to it. http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=80306
                            This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                            "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• Ah. Beat me by a hare I see.
                              Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

Comment

• beat by a hare, that's bunny.
                                Dribbble Page
                                Behance Portfolio
                                Linkedin Profile

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X