X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe, given the circumstances, slightly better options than VP can be found. Have you checked out tinyprints or storkie? (from the goog, I have no personal experience with either service).
    Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJMRamage View Post
      BUT, it'll look like as a designer i couldn't come up with something nice. but has been that way past few years when i let her have fun....maybe that's what it is, letting her have some "designer" fun.
      Are you sure your hormones aren't wacky too? I think you're reading a little to deeply into what sending a card you didn't design says. It's says "Merry Pancaking Christmas MotherPancakers!" just like it would in a card you designed.
      Design is not decoration.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJMRamage View Post
        Mike, there were lots of horrible designs on VP. I'd say 50-75% were horrible.

We agreed upon 1 card they had. we sat through about 2 hours looking over cards. by the end she said, you don't really like any of these, i guess. I felt like saying you don't like mine.

idunno. I get to make announcements and then some stickers to use for the candle pass-outs. i guess it is her thing to do anyway, just feels weird not to do it. but i get to design lots of birthday things.
        I'm sure your work kicks the hell out of anything you'd find on VP. Tell her that.
        I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

• Originally posted by kemingMatters View Post
          Are you sure your hormones aren't wacky too? I think you're reading a little to deeply into what sending a card you didn't design says. It's says "Merry Pancaking Christmas MotherPancakers!" just like it would in a card you designed.
          nuh-uh.
          actually the one we "picked" out says "Peace on Earth"
          it probably is a 'pride' thing though as most might not even know i designed it anyway.

many designs on VP seemed 80's or as even my wife stated, must be on some crazy drugs.
          Dribbble Page
          Behance Portfolio
          Linkedin Profile

Comment

• I hate Vista Print, and the commercials suck big time. Biased corporate self self-serving propaganda.
            "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
            Aesop

Comment

• I just visited the Vista Print site. Coincidentally clicked on the banner ad at the top of GDF's page. Boy oh boy they do EVERYTHING!
              Aesop

Comment

• what's a banner ad?

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeHun View Post
                  I just visited the Vista Print site. Coincidentally clicked on the banner ad at the top of GDF's page. Boy oh boy they do EVERYTHING!
                  You get what you pay for.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

• i did a invitation for someone that used vista print. i got a couple of the invites for my portfolio and they messed up royally. now i'm not sure if the problem was user or on their end. i used the template i was provided and included bleed, but they printed without a bleed and shrunk the art. again it might have been user error uploading but i wasn't pleased with the outcome.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• I've seen both types of results from Vista Print.

Things that tick me off? Today...only that I can't stay home.

Comment

• Vista Print is designing EVERYTHUNG!!! wideformat / offset / digital / youname it man they do eeet!
                        BUT there is also Web- Design - Coding - Graphics Flash et-all..... AND webhosting, drill a bit further down in the website they can do everything.

I wonder if Vistaprint will air rebuttals to any negative "endorsements"?
                        Aesop

Comment

• Friends that continually ask you to do something you've told them you don't know how to do.
                          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
                            Friends that continually ask you to do something you've told them you don't know how to do.

Dammit KW. I swear I've SEEN you fly before tho.
                            I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

• Tell her that using VP is grounds for divorce in all 50 states, Canada, and Trinidad-Tobago.
                              "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
                              LinkedIn

Comment

• VP buys up printers all over to get a hold on any printing/design/art stuff to add to their collection.

Honestly, I am over it now.pushing beyond this (mainly because she wanted to pull the trigger last night and get them ordered but had clothes from a baby shower to go through instead). Anyway, next on my agenda, is to pick out a typeface to use and finish a baby sticker. and get the house ready for Christmas and Baby.
                                Dribbble Page
                                Behance Portfolio
                                Linkedin Profile

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X