Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• arielr190
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    arielr190
    Changed the fonts, removed the texture, reduced the amount of colors & brightened the orange. better?...
    Today, 02:21 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Creating an Image for a car sticker
    PrintDriver
    Your client needs to get you the dimensions of the door. Without that, one can only guess.
    In Illustrator use whatever units you want. I use inches. Too much math otherwise.
    Today, 02:00 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Retail vs Contract Pricing
    PrintDriver
    B, we pay illustrators to create maps for projects and end up paying them a royalty based fee. The number of copies are limited by contract and they are free to license the map art for others. I don't...
    Today, 01:57 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Retail vs Contract Pricing
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF cdgc

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 01:11 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Creating an Image for a car sticker
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF wikster

Your image is not showing up. What works best for me is to upload an image to a photo hosting site like photobucket. Then use the IMG tag/link and paste that directly...
    Today, 01:10 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's why I always carry a spoon in the car, nothing like a game of knifey spoony at 80mph.

On about a half mile of road this happened:
    I was on my motorbike yesterday and the left lane was for turning left, so I stayed in the right lane. Makes sense. A car behind me started honking, so not to go to road divide where cars are coming in my direction I moved over to the otherside. The guy kept honking and trying to swerve by me. I stood firm, I was doing the speed limit, so I didn't want to go faster. All of a sudden he raced on my outside (nearly into oncoming traffic) honking and blasting his horn. I honked back. You have to honk back. He started a flurry of arm waves and just help up my middle finger. 2 seconds later he pulled into a petrol station, that was full, and he was sitting there waiting to get a pump available.

I got to the petrol station about 5 seconds later, and I was stuck behind a car with no room to overtake. I saw the guy looking at me. I waved at him and started laughing.

I still can't figure out what his hurry was to get by me? He nearly caused an accident, he didn't give a motorcyclist enough room (as per the rules of the road)... What a tool.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

• Maybe he was out of gas.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
        Maybe he was out of gas.
        Ha yeh - that was probably it. I've heard urban legends of people stopped by cops and when asked why they were speeding the excuse is they were nearly out of gas and wanted to get there before they ran out.

Comment

• funniest part of that is that if you're running on fumes, you should go slower, as you'll get a better burn and conserve more fuel, rather than gunning the engine and using a bunch of gas without actually burning it (learned this from my high school auto shop teacher) hahaha.
          Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
          | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
          | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

• It was very silly altogether. I felt like pulling into the petrol station and giving him a cauliflower ear.

Comment

• my friends that ride bikes carry pennies for people like that

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Typically View Post
                my friends that ride bikes carry pennies for people like that
                If someone is too impatient with me and passes me out just to get in a queue for a red light or something, I make sure I give them a good honking, and I've no problem waving saracastically as a I go down the middle of the cars and make sure they see me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bladez View Post
                  Unfortunately, because he stayed on my right the whole time, Audi was in the way, and getting them to curve around her, and hit him and his car while still driving safely while on the phone with the cops just isn't something I felt like doing. Takes a little bit of concentration to be that accurate and I was tired.
                  Awh, it's like you actually cared Bladez.
                  I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

• Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
                    as a I go down the middle of the cars and make sure they see me.
                    Riders like you make me wish someone would open their door suddenly...
                    Last edited by PrintDriver; 08-19-2010, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• That's a scary situation, Bladez. Glad you rose above him and you and Audi weren't hurt. Would've scared the crap outta me.
                      "It's not that I don't want to trust people. It's that they give me reasons not to." ~ Me

Comment

• i had someone try to cut me off but they couldn't fit (plenty of room behind me) so they followed me down the parkway with their high beams on changing lanes to stay behind me. i lost them for a minute but then they got behind me and threw the highs on again. i was ready to stop the car and see what the persons problem was but they got off on the exit before mine. the funny thing is that they were the ones that fudged up, my friend and i would have loved to have a few words with that turd.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• I've had that happen once too Typ, only the guy got in front of us and slowed down to 40 on the highway. Buddy of mine was driving. We actually pulled over but the guy musta seen there were two of us and kept on going.
                          I hate when people cut me off and there's no one behind me. Jerks.

Comment

• years ago, I had a guy in a turning lane go straight through the intersection and cut me off, and somehow he thought I was in the wrong! We actually did pull over and he and a buddy got out of the truck. I was going to let him get close enough to my truck that I could hit him with the door, then get out with my bat (as my backup) to have words with him. He opted to stay at the front of my truck and wouldn't get any closer. We exchanged words and he still felt that he was in the right, despite the fact that he was in a turning lane. His excuse: "I didn't realize that was the wrong turning lane" so apparently, turning there and finding somewhere to turn around, wasn't an option. I was more than ready to get into a scrap with him, but he stayed to far away.

And eugene, every time I see someone splitting the lanes on their bikes, I do everything in my power to crowd the centre line. If I have to wait in line....so do you! *LOL* (there actually have been people in this city who have opened their doors when someone split the lanes like that)
                            Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                            | Karl Marx |

| Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

• I don't know about Canada, Ireland, or England, but there are places in the U.S. that allow motorcycles to legally split lanes.

I do hate people that think they just have to cut you off. The least favorite thing about my drive to work is the couple of places that go from 2 lanes down to 1. There's almost always some asshat that thinks they can squeeze just one more place up the line.

The worst one is where there's a stoplight and then about a quarter mile up the road it goes down to one lane and then another quarter mile up the road there's a warehouse where the semitrucks often slow down traffic. Last fall it was raining like crazy and visibility was terrible. I was almost at the final part of the merge and I could just barely make out that traffic was coming to a halt just ahead. Then I noticed a guy coming up fast from behind and planning on going around me. Not only would he have run out of road, he would have plowed into the stopped cars up ahead. I drifted over into the middle swerved a bit and pumped my brakes to get him to stay back. I was rewarded with 5 miles worth of honking, flashing lights and tailgaiting.

A few other times I've seen people do the same thing in good conditions in the same spot, run out of road and spin out in the ditch. Sometimes going across oncoming traffic. dumbasses.

Comment

• I can never get over how dumb some people are on the road. Your story is a perfect example Yoss. Actually, last night on my way home from climbing, I came around a sharp blind corner that merges onto a major road here in town. As I came around, I started to speed up to match the other cars so I could move over, and some moron had stopped and turn on his left turn signal....How do people not know the difference between a MERGE and YEILD? Especially when they're stopped directly in front of the freaking merge sign?!?! Oh I was pissed. So now I've got to try and go from a dead stop to 80km/h between cars! Unreal! And yea, in Canada, splitting the lanes is illegal.

But every now and then, you get to see one of those douchebags get what's theirs. I watched some guy who thought he was special, pass a car on the wrong side of the road, while speeding, in a playground zone!! (playground zones are a VERY strict 30km/h and absolutely NO passing to begin with, let alone this guy who did it on the wrong side of the road!). As we watched him get around the car in front of us, and go screaming through the remainder of the playground zone, a cop came out of a parking lot, where he would have seen the entire thing, and lit the guy up We passed him a couple minutes down the road, cop by his window, handing out multiple tickets.
                                | Karl Marx |

| Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X