Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Hello There
    KitchWitch
    Hi Missybunnie and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
    Today, 04:53 PM
  • msw3825
    Reply to Pantone, CMYK question for printing using Illustrator CS6
    msw3825
    Printing Rule # 1: If the final piece is to be printed, always use CMYK or Pantone color swatches never RGB or web hexadecimal codes.

Printing Rule #2: If you are designing several pieces...
    Today, 04:49 PM
  • Designia
    Reply to Client wants both designs
    Designia
    Me three....
    Today, 04:37 PM
  • missybunnie
    Hello There
    missybunnie
    I'm a freelance web designer who does custom illustrations and basic graphic design (i.e. business cards, letterhead). I'm self taught and I have been looking for a community to help give me exposure...
    Today, 04:24 PM
  • <b>
    Comment on Things that jerk my chain...
    <b>
    Yeah, I definitely hate the hackers and thieves that make the world a worse place than it needs to be.

Even so, I'm still perturbed at Apple for making mandatory security features that incorrectly...
    Today, 03:43 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
    NPH is a jerk.
    And by jerk you mean Legend. I know right?
    Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

• Yes he is the end of a leg, I'll give him that.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

• ilovemyjobilovemyjobilovemyjob

Microsoft Outlook: You have been sent 5 files.

Me: Hmmm. Wonder why they didn't just ZIP them and send them together? Oh, well.

***Navigates to obscure, cumbersome file sharing site I've never heard of before***

Me: Oh boy! How exciting! They designed these in Photoshop just the way I like it!!

***Downloads 5 50MB files and opens Photoshop***

Photoshop: Some text layers contain fonts that are missing.

Me: That's super! I love a challenge! The only thing that could make this better would be if ...

***Inspects files more closely***

Me: YESSSSSSSS!!!!!! They forgot to add bleeds to their files! This is awesome! Best Friday ever!

*sigh*

Comment

• Send em back and make sure to include their boss and your boss on the email.

No Bleed and no fonts supplied - can't use this.

Then punch them in the shin.

Comment

• I could send them back, I suppose, but I know that would lead to:
            1. My sales rep asking me why I sent them back.
            2. Me explaining to my sales rep why I sent them back.
            3. My sales rep incorrectly relating to the customer why I sent them back.
            4. The customer telling my sales rep they still don't understand why I sent them back.
            5. My sales rep calling me and telling me I need to call the customer because they don't understand why I sent them back.
            6. Me calling the customer and explaining why I sent them back.
            7. The customer finally understanding why I sent them back, then waiting two days to send new files which are still not correct.
            8. Repeat.
            Sadly, it's just simpler to fix it myself.

However, I'm completely on board with the idea of shin-kicks all around!

Comment

• Yeh well at least you won't have to do it on Friday

Make sure you explain to the Sales Rep there is an added charge for any prepress fixups - and make sure they relay that to the client. Usually the sound of "it will cost you more" makes them take them back and prepare them properly themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Artist View Post
                Oh and what's with Tom Cruise? Not that there is anything wrong with him (or Top Gun for that matter), just asking lol.
                That's covered here: http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=57045

Originally posted by The Artist View Post
                WI'm surprised they didn't have a statue of Mr Cruise erected out front.
                why would anyone want a statue of Tom Cruise sporting wood???
                You are an odd one aren't you....You'll fit right in around here
                Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Usually the sound of "it will cost you more" makes them take them back and prepare them properly themselves.
                  No it doesn't.
                  Nor does it make the files any different the next time.
                  I swear some people do complete brain dumps after projects and only reload what they had up to where they were at the start of the project.

Besides it doesn't matter. Pay us to fix it or pay for the rush charges cuz the files came back days later but the due date didn't change.

Comment

• Well - either way, they fix it or there's a charge for fixing it.

Anytime I've told anyone there's an extra charge for fixing the supplied artwork they just say they'll redeliver.

I've sent files back multiple times to be fixed.

I certainly wouldn't fix a file without the clients go ahead and their sign off after said fixes.

Comment

• I certainly wouldn't fix a file without the clients go ahead and their sign off after said fixes.
                      Of course not. CYA all the way.

Comment

I certainly wouldn't fix a file without the clients go ahead and their sign off after said fixes.
                        ]

Agree 100 percent. I won't even correct a spelling error on a customer file until I have an e-mail approving the change.

BS like this is why I much prefer the customer let me design their jobs. I mean, you know, it's not like this is what I do for a living or anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bladez View Post
                          That's covered here: http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=57045

why would anyone want a statue of Tom Cruise sporting wood???
                          You are an odd one aren't you....You'll fit right in around here
                          I'll be sure to check out said Tom Cruise references. And why thank you. You know I have a theory about the whole "odd/weird"-ness. I tell someone they're weird and they get offended?! By all means, if I call you weird I think that's a compliment, normal people are boring and lame. At least with an oddball you have something to talk about So thank you Bladez lol, you're weird too.

Comment

• I've always said "When I'm dead...THEN I'll be normal. And only because then I'm just like all the other dead people"

However, if I had my way, I'd still be the odd/weird one. I want to be buried (not cremated; I want to come back during the zombie apocalypse) and I want a custom made coffin, that has a life like hand attached to the lid that will stick out of the ground after the dirts been piled on.
                            Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                            | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                            | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

• Seems like you really thought that you through lol!

Comment

• If I had the choice - space shuttle into the deep space.

Other than that - I'm just an empty shell, dispose of my shell as you like. No preference (other than space shuttle)

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X