Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• seamas
    Reply to Logo Critique, Please
    seamas
    The bottom one is closest of the bunch in terms of being able to read a d or a 9. But it is also looking like an o at a glance.

Beyond that, trying to glean the ORDER of the 9 or d is just...
    Today, 07:04 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    KitchWitch
    Hi Thebombman53 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
    Today, 06:38 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Apartment Logo Feedback
    PrintDriver
    Signage is never a single driving factor, though it should be considered as being just as important as mobile or print applications. What an odd mindset to have when it comes to branding. Once a logo...
    Today, 06:33 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Comment on Personal Logo Concepts
    KitchWitch
    You can use the IMG link to link something on a photo hosting website, that always works for me. Just copy the IMG link into the body of the comment or post, not in the link feature.
    Today, 06:32 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Christmas cards
    PrintDriver
    Christmas cards were printed in October to avoid the Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Christmas/Valentines Day crush.
    Just sayin'.....
    Today, 06:31 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are great tools. You never really understand just how weak most places are locked up until you do a forcible entry course. Back in '99 we ordered two new ones and etched "Y2K" into their handles. So, whenever we broke something we could claim it wasn't Y2K compatible.....

My chain jerk of today goes back to last week: Rush jobs. I've got so many of the damned things that the regular jobs are being neglected to the point where their deadlines are getting closer, and thus, they are being flagged as rush in order to get them into the work flow. Seriously, I have 14 jobs flagged as "rush" on my desk right now.....
    "No one ever called the fire department for doing something smart"
    - unknown

"There's never enough time to do it right; but there always seems to be enough time to do it twice!"
    - Me (not really, but I say it a lot)

Comment

• Audi, no local coffee shop?

Comment

• Snow...
        Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

• On top of Snow...

Me - Hi the file you sent me for the logo can't be a simple photograph it needs to be the logo file (.AI or .EPS) Please send immediately if you want you concepts by end of week.

Client - Hi I have attached the file, please confirm if this is ok

Me *Looks at file and realizes AGAIN that it has probably been taken with a 10 year old camera phone*

It amazes me that this still happens...

Head/Desk Head/Desk

Comment

• We had some light flurries yesterday. There will be more later in the season, I know. Not looking forward. Anything over 6" is just a hassle and is no longer pretty and quaint. I don't know how y'all in the more northern states, let alone Canadia, do it every year.

blog/portfolio

Comment

• Ooh yeah, we got a pretty good snowstorm last year where I live but we have no equipment to deal with it. Generally best to stay inside where you don't have to worry about idiots driving on the ice like it's a normal road. A couple inches are no problem, it melts by noon, but much more than that we're all just screwed. I'll take my hot sweltering summers over 4 foot high snow anytime. Good ol' Texas.
              Keep firing @$$holes!

Comment

• It's been snowy here the last week or so. It won't go away. And it's pretty cold at a mere -6 in places.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

• It's 32 right now, so 0 for you Celsius-lovers. Not ridiculously cold, but I still hate it. I may not have ever lived in Puerto Rico, but that's where my blood is from and it still prefers tropical weather.

blog/portfolio

Comment

• It finally got cold here. Not that I like the cold. It's something to put up with. But it has to get cold before December to avoid the ice storms. I'll take a good old-fashioned, 2-feet of snow Nor-easter over an ice storm any day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
                      I don't know how y'all in the more northern states, let alone Canadia, do it every year.
                      We hold out just fine. We all build igloos and drink maple syrup which warms the body. Snuggling with our pet beavers is also an option

Comment

• When it gets in the mid 20's here, Schools open late/are closed for the day. It was around 33 this morning and even though it was warm inside, I slept in for an hour. I don't know if I could adjust to the cold if I had to.
                        "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

• Originally posted by firefighter26 View Post
                          They are great tools. You never really understand just how weak most places are locked up until you do a forcible entry course. Back in '99 we ordered two new ones and etched "Y2K" into their handles. So, whenever we broke something we could claim it wasn't Y2K compatible.....
                          Hahah, that's awesome FF! I used to work in a video store while in college (in addition to the machine shop) and we kept wanting to get a baseball bat we could hang just behind the till with "Manager" carved into it, that way if we had problem customers, we could tell them we were going to get the manager to sort this problem out. We weren't allowed....so we settled with a hammer that we'd leave in plain view.

Originally posted by The Artist View Post
                          On top of Snow...

Me - Hi the file you sent me for the logo can't be a simple photograph it needs to be the logo file (.AI or .EPS) Please send immediately if you want you concepts by end of week.

Client - Hi I have attached the file, please confirm if this is ok

Me *Looks at file and realizes AGAIN that it has probably been taken with a 10 year old camera phone*

It amazes me that this still happens...

Head/Desk Head/Desk
                          Heh heh....the bane of our existence Artist. Preaching to the choir on that one.

Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
                          It's been snowy here the last week or so. It won't go away. And it's pretty cold at a mere -6 in places.
                          Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
                          It's 32 right now, so 0 for you Celsius-lovers. Not ridiculously cold, but I still hate it. I may not have ever lived in Puerto Rico, but that's where my blood is from and it still prefers tropical weather.
                          Awh, aren't you guys just precious. :P
                          No sympathy lol (I know I know...I'm a jerk!)
                          Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                          | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                          | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

• Bladez, don't make me come over there

Comment

• Is that a threat Eugene???

You don't have the balls to come to Calgary for a pint

Mwahahah!
                              Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                              | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                              | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

• Watch it Bladez... it's only €738 for a flight on the leaving 15 dec - returning 21 dec!!!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                                Working...
                                X