Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• captain spanky
    Reply to Stickers
    captain spanky
    As far as sticker printers go... i can fully recommend http://stickerobot.com ...cheap and the quality is by far the best i've had. Some stickers i did nearly 8 years ago are still stuck out and about...
    Today, 09:22 AM
  • damonharris
    Reply to Business Logo Design
    damonharris
    Logo represent you and your business. If it's presentable enough, that means you are credible too in giving services to the clients or customers. That's why it's very important in any business because...
    Today, 06:12 AM
  • damonharris
    Reply to creative business cards
    damonharris
    Choose a design that is creative and effective enough to boost your business and will get the interest of your potential customers. That's what I'm always telling my friends who are in the business. And...
    Today, 06:03 AM
  • Yehoshua
    Cover Layout Feedback
    Yehoshua
    I've been exploring more with minimalism, but still trying to keep things logical. This is a 11x17 cover for a recent undergrad project I've been working on. Does it work? Why or why not? The blue wacked...
    Today, 04:22 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    vaprarts
    Now i have no real experience working with clients but in my opinion you did what most designers should do. You are being hired as a designer not an artist. Its our job to create work that makes sense....
    Today, 02:58 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eugene, I think your dad and my dad would get along quite well.

It's kinda funny, you talk to people here who deal with machinists, or who are/were machinists, and if you mention my dads name, they all know him and they all agree that he's the best in the city. When he got his journeyman certificate, he read the books, then went and challenged the final year exam (instead of doing 4 years of school and apprenticeships) and he damn near aced the written test. Then he had to actually apply it and machine a fairly complex piece, which he did no problem.

Home reno stuff, he rarely picks up a book. He just thinks it through and somehow knows it. Previous jobs of his included Motorcycle mechanic, underwater welder (he did underwater welding for pipelines in the arctic), at one point he was building miniature remote controlled subs for underwater pipeline inspection, and he was one of the first people in Canada to open a nuclear reactor while it was still live.

Tho it's rare that he'll let people help him build something (like a deck). He'd rather do it himself so that he knows that everything is done just right *LOL*. And in his opinion, if you can't build it out of steel (or aluminum, or brass, or any other sort of metal) you don't need it. The fence in his front yard is a solid steel, welded frame, with the fence boards screwed into pre drilled and tapped holes to be perfectly spaced hahaha. (that said, he'll build thing out of wood if it's necessary....an aluminum deck wouldn't be quite as nice.)
    Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
    | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

• Needless to say Audi and Bladez' Dad don't have a lot to talk about.
      I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

• Tho they will both agree that engineers are always wrong *LOL*
        Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
        | Karl Marx |

| Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

• ^ My Daddy taught me that.
          (Audi's Dad is a draftsman for oil and gas plants/piping who is constantly fixing engineers errors)

Comment

• A lipstick-kissed Justin Bieber covers the February Vanity Fair
            That's a boy?
            People will believe anything, which means I will believe anythingI want to start believing in things that have shapeliness and harmony.
            -Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bladez View Post
              Eugene, I think your dad and my dad would get along quite well.

It's kinda funny, you talk to people here who deal with machinists, or who are/were machinists, and if you mention my dads name, they all know him and they all agree that he's the best in the city. When he got his journeyman certificate, he read the books, then went and challenged the final year exam (instead of doing 4 years of school and apprenticeships) and he damn near aced the written test. Then he had to actually apply it and machine a fairly complex piece, which he did no problem.

Home reno stuff, he rarely picks up a book. He just thinks it through and somehow knows it. Previous jobs of his included Motorcycle mechanic, underwater welder (he did underwater welding for pipelines in the arctic), at one point he was building miniature remote controlled subs for underwater pipeline inspection, and he was one of the first people in Canada to open a nuclear reactor while it was still live.

Tho it's rare that he'll let people help him build something (like a deck). He'd rather do it himself so that he knows that everything is done just right *LOL*. And in his opinion, if you can't build it out of steel (or aluminum, or brass, or any other sort of metal) you don't need it. The fence in his front yard is a solid steel, welded frame, with the fence boards screwed into pre drilled and tapped holes to be perfectly spaced hahaha. (that said, he'll build thing out of wood if it's necessary....an aluminum deck wouldn't be quite as nice.)
              My dad would kick your dads ass

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by Nobert View Post
                That's a boy?
                ish.

Normally I wouldn't make fun of a 15 or whatever year old but he's Canadian and thanks to the metric system I think that makes him like 30 in real years.
                I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

• LMAO @ Lith!
                  | Karl Marx |

| Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

• Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
                    My dad would kick your dads ass
                    My mom would kick your dads ass.

Or dad's g/f (aka The Troll) would eat your dad.
                    | Karl Marx |

| Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

My mom would kick your dads ass.

My mom really would kick your dad's ass and the trolls ass at the same time.

I don't want to say anything about kicking your mom's ass though.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

• she can come kick the trolls ass....I won't mind *LOL*
                        | Karl Marx |

| Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

• Deal. Can there be a kill clause in there for the troll?

I know I'm not supposed to wish that on anyone... so maybe just make it so she can't speak anymore. That would be awesome.

Comment

g/f = girlfriend or grandfather?
                            This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                            "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• girlfriend
                              | Karl Marx |

| Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

• LOL
                                This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                                "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X