Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resume question with old freelance jobs

Hi all,
    I am updating my resume. I have freelance jobs that go back to the mid to early 2000s. Would you put all those old freelance clients under one "freelance work" header in order to save space? Or, would you rather just list them like you would any other job?
    Thanks

I would do whatever it takes to keep it looking relevant and not too long or messy.

For example, on my resume, I removed all the jobs earlier than 2005 so that my resume is only 2 pages long and makes me look really focused on my current career path.

If it's easier, feel free to post your resume here for review (blocking out all personal details).
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Yeah Buda is right

Comment

You've been designing/freelancing for 16 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Buda View Post
          my resume is only 2 pages long
          FYI: one-page resumes are the norm in the USA.
          Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

• Buda
            Buda commented
            Editing a comment
            Are they? I used to have a 1 pager but changed it to 2 pages after seeing mostly 2+ pages resumes when we were hiring at work. I was worried mine would seem too brief.

Originally posted by xalion View Post
          Yeah Buda is right

Hi Xalion and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I'd keep them all under one header and I wouldn't list every client. Maybe some big names if you think they're impressive enough but I wouldn't list every client by name. List major accomplishments instead.

Comment

Beware of the gaps in dates. Friend of mine was laid off for three years, was actively searching for work and at one interview they looked at the gap and asked if he was in prison...

Comment

• Buda
                Buda commented
                Editing a comment
                True, gaps can be worrying but I think if you can explain them, that's OK.

I don't have any gaps in dates, I just deleted all the non-design jobs I did to get through design school.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X