Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to stop clients sending low res proofs to print?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to stop clients sending low res proofs to print?

My emails all include this line:

"Please check carefully and let me know of any corrections to be made or confirm OK to send a print ready file."

...but I keep catching my clients (different clients from different companies) sending low res proofs to print. Any suggestions?

It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Buda, people don't read emails. Not past the first line.

When I send screenshots or low resolution proofs, I put LowRez in the file name.
    I also put PROOF - NOT FOR PRODUCTION in a printing slug area of the actual file in bold black type. Red type seems to be ignored, but if it is black, it looks like part of the text that needs to be read for proofing. It also stops those files from being printed.

Comment

• colorgraphicz
      colorgraphicz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

• Buda
      Buda commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks PD.

I still add FPO (like the old paste up days) in red or black caps across the photo and explain it in the email.

Comment

It will never happen. Ever.

Comment

I once had an outsource printer tech call me up to ask me for the font I used for the letters FPO.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X