No announcement yet.

Copyright issue?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay so the people you was employed by decided to contact the company. Thus gaining their permission.

However the question remains if the article was in a positive or negative light of the actual product itself. Similar to advertisements or marketing that features replica's of the product but avoid so by not featuring the name of the product.

Look I use tons of imagery itself when I can If not then I have to recreate the image. I also would go the stock image path. However sometimes people want you to run into there stock. As I am not so wealthy I would just create my own.

Comment

• PrintDriver
      PrintDriver commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't ever assume you are too small an entity to be noticed by copyright holders. I do a lot of image work. More than once I've had image owners tell me they are in the process of doing reverse searches for their imagery and serving C&D notices. Even imagery that seems to be ubiquitous on the web, stolen time and time again by various bloggers and in some cases even well-known news outlets. I even had a case once where a stock image source was offering an image turns out they were not supposed to be offering. They got the C&D and I in turn received one from them.
      And then there are the big houses that are running reverse searches all the time and sending out bills based on their internet usage charge. A couple people here have seen such things come from Getty and Corbis (Corbis is gone now though.)

As for brand photos, even worse. The larger companies have what we call The Logo Police, part of their job is to protect the brand, and that includes reverse searching the web for imagery and articles of and about their products and dealing with them appropriately.

A retirement option for me is to one day post a bunch of very high rez imagery online in a blog, then have a retired lawyer friend send out notices for payment. Could be fun!

Copyright encroachment is the utilization of works secured by copyright law without authorization encroaching certain selective rights allowed to the copyright holder for example the privilege to replicate disperse show or play out the ensured work or to make subsidiary works.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
      Reply to What is Abstraction Art?
      B
      One question: why did you feel compelled to register and tell us this on your first post?

Unfortunately, you won't get a chance to answer since you copied your post from here: https://ww...
      Yesterday, 11:23 PM
    • La Mer Siren
      Reply to Portfolio Design Critique
      La Mer Siren
      I love your ZD branding! Great colors and hierarchy. I would like to see more pieces similar to that. You might want to try a different color then gold for your IMMARISA piece. It looks a little washed...
      Yesterday, 07:40 PM
    • MikeTyler
      Help with bitmap to vector conversion
      MikeTyler
      Hello all -

I just joined GDF and look forward to learning and sharing some knowledge. I am a hobbyist but have a technical background and hope someone can help me.

I have a...
      Yesterday, 06:29 PM
    • sacred888
      What is Abstraction Art?
      sacred888
      What is Abstraction Art?
      This Design/Artwork is Called Abstraction Art because Abstraction Art is art which indicates a departure from reality in the way art is represented. Abstraction Art is unconcerned...
      Yesterday, 05:40 PM
    • B
      Reply to Creating Outline of Logo (Help!)
      B
      What do you mean by "set proportion?"

As for outlines, how did you create it? Ultimately, you really ought to draw it in vector format....
      Yesterday, 04:13 PM
    GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
    Working...
    X