Questions about Pitching to New Client

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caleson View Post
    If you have direction on where to get a good template, I'd appreciate it.
    Well, not being an attorney, I don't really want to point you to anything that might not be suitable. AIGA, however, has had their lawyers draw up a standard agreement form for designers that's dozens of pages long. It's sort of a mix-and-match thing, but it's a good place to start. http://www.aiga.org/standard-agreement

I'm with PrintDriver, a designer's advertising doesn't belong on a client's business card, and I can't imagine any client allowing it. For that matter, with the exception of photos and illustrations, I've never considered placing a credit line on clients' work. I have, however, had clients suggest letting me do so for a reduced fee, but have always turned them down. I prefer cash to a small line of type that nobody will read or care about anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by B View Post
      I'm with PrintDriver, a designer's advertising doesn't belong on a client's business card, and I can't imagine any client allowing it.
      I considered the idea only because of the unconventional theme of the card (figure cards have lots of copyright, manufacturing, and disclaimer info in fine print). If we were talking a larger item, it would probably work okay; however, in order for it to be readable on a little business card, it would likely be too noticeable and take up valuable space. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
        Reply to Happy Thanksgiving!
        PanToshi
        Happy Thanksgiving!

Today, 01:20 PM
      • B
        Reply to Happy Thanksgiving!
        B
        Happy Thanksgiving everyone (even to those of you outside the U.S.)!

As for turkey, I worked a summer job in a Norbest butter ball turkey processing plant before college, and haven't touched...
        Today, 12:57 PM
      • Arka-Software
        Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
        Arka-Software
        There are many software in the market which are using for vector pattern are:- 1) Inkscape 2) Xara Xtreme 3) Skencil 4) Scribus 5) VRR 6) CoceptDrow PRO 7) ZeusDraw 8) MagicTracer 9) Nodebox 10) Tgif
        Today, 12:46 PM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
        PrintDriver
        You want a program that is used to dealing with vector axis data. Photoshop would probably be inappropriate.

The only way I can think to do this is to have a script written for Illustrator...
        Today, 09:10 AM
      • KitchWitch
        Reply to New in Here
        KitchWitch
        Hi Asif_shawon and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
        Today, 09:09 AM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X