Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Target ads to companies I want to work for?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Target ads to companies I want to work for?

Hi everyone,

I have a question, i'm looking to change my work place and go to a new company.
    There are some companies in my neighborhood I would like to work for. And yes sending my CV to those companies is one thing.
    But I was wondering if it was possible with facebook and or google to do target ads to the people working in those companies to stand out a bit.

So when the go on facebook they get ads from me and my work.
    Is it possible to really target those individual companies with ads?

Thanks!

Is it only me that would find this annoying?
    It's sorta like spam email but in a creepier sort of way.
    I don't like internet ads. I don't like the tracking used to serve those ads. And I especially don't like ads that appear to target me, whether in the form of something I've previously searched or from content on platforms I am looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by e.m. View Post
      Is it possible to really target those individual companies with ads?
      No. Facebook allows advertisers to target audiences by distance from a specific location, which if I remember right has about a 15- or 16-km minimum radius. I'm not even sure how accurate that targeting could really be since it would likely need to be by IP address (which is hard to pin down to precise locations) or mobile location service, based on a mobile phone's location for those with that feature activated.

With that being the case, it boils down to targeting an entire city with your hire-me ad, which could be a little weird. Then again, it just might land you a job at an agency looking for people daring enough to humiliate themselves by means of guerilla marketing strategies. Of course dressing up like a gorilla holding a sign and marching back and forth in front of the company might yield the same results at a cheaper cost.

The person you need to reach at that company you want to work for might not even be a Facebook user, in which case you would have spent a bunch of money showing your face to everyone in town with little to show for it (other than a bunch of new Facebook friends). If I were the guy doing the hiring, I'd definitely look out the window to see a guy in a gorilla suit, though.

Comment

If I were the guy doing the hiring, I'd definitely look out the window to see a guy in a gorilla suit, though.
        Oh, I don't know, on any given day so much weird crap goes on outside my window, a guy in a gorilla suit would just seem normal.

Comment

Haha, a gorilla suit would be the next big step to go apply for a job!

Well it was an idea i had. If they see your name somewhere, it bumps up your changes because they have the feeling they already know you a bit.

I do know linkedin does have a feature to do exactly that! You can target potential clients with ads of your job opening or service.

But as a designer your work is what makes you stand out, so linkedin is not a platform to show off your latest portfolio items. So not a good option i this case.

I'll stick to sending my resume to interesting companies

Comment

I always feel bad for the poor guy on linked-in who off-handedly mentions that he just got a new job, or that there is a job opening where he currently works.
            With the first, everyone pings him wanting to know where he left from so they can apply for the opening, and on the second, everyone sends him links to their portfolio. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by e.m. View Post
              But as a designer your work is what makes you stand out, so linkedin is not a platform to show off your latest portfolio items. So not a good option i this case.
              Well, LinkedIn doesn't put your portfolio front and center, like designers might prefer. Instead, they give prominence to your LinkedIn portfolio, which has a projects section where each item can link to most anything you want, like project pages from a Behance portfolio.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X