Should I change my brand name?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I change my brand name?

I recently decided to look into making my own t-shirt business. Using my initials I thought the brand name "L.S.D", standing for Landon Stark Design. I thought the name would be funny, but would it be considered a bad decision on the marketing side of things? Could it potentially limit my audience?

LSD sure as heck sounds more fun than Landon Stark Design. Given the choice between the two of them I'd buy the LSD shirt.

Now if you are trying to sell t-shirts to someone other than a millennial (or an old hippy) you may encounter some resistance. Or not. Depends on your brand look, your marketing, and your product. You can push the psychedelic side or you can put it across as the latest thing since Izod...
    Up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by starklandon View Post
      Could it potentially limit my audience?
      A deliberate reference to illegal drugs might just work against you unless you're going after stoners, druggies and aging hippies in the market for a like-minded designer. Just a guess, but that's probably not an especially profitable demographic to target if you're looking for high-paying design work.

Comment

Meh, he's selling T-shirts. Everyone is selling T-shirts.
        Selling T-shirts under the brand LSD from an online store-front is a little different than rebranding one's entire graphic design business though. If this is an all encompassing brand change, then Yeah, what B said.

Comment

Somehow my eyes just skipped right over the words "t-shirt" and headed straight for the word "business." Illicit drug users are probably a good demographic to target for selling t-shirts, but it just might limit the audience to a niche group, which isn't necessarily bad. Now if you changed LSD to LDS, that would go over big here, where I live, in Utah.

Comment

Hi Stark and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

As per my opinion don't change brand name. Because through brand people know you. Brand name makes you popular and brings new customers for your business.

Comment

I think you can keep both "L.S.D" and Landon Stark Design. If your brand is old then i would recommend you to keep it same until any genuine reason behind the changing.

Comment

Hi Fabuwrap and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
                  Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Glitchin
                    Reply to What kind and which book would it be wise to spend on?
                    Glitchin
                    Work for money design for love by David Airey and Know Your Onions: Graphic Design by Drew De Soto are good books for freelancers if your just starting out in the industry.

Also Pretty Much...
                    Today, 03:55 PM
                  • Glitchin
                    Comment on Logo Feedback
                    Glitchin
                    I'm confused. This is one of your designs from your original post right? I meant if you could post an image of the logo the client liked, it might help. "They provided me a Logo they want it...
                    Today, 03:24 PM
                  • Glitchin
                    Reply to Critique Please?
                    Glitchin
                    This is the latest version. I have thickened the CF and lowered the weight of the sound....
                    Today, 02:58 PM
                  • Glitchin
                    Comment on Critique Please?
                    Glitchin
                    Hey thanks for the feedback.

I have tried what you're suggesting with shapes rather than lines, but it didn't work for me.

That's the challenge, making it looking like CF whilst...
                    Today, 02:54 PM
                  • PrintDriver
                    Reply to Portfolio usage of work
                    PrintDriver
                    Nice article B, and illustrates my point about being an LLC or a sole proprietor. The LLC is a business entity separate from your personal life. With sole proprietorship, all of your belongings and assets...
                    Today, 12:42 PM
                  GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X