Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Project Management Software to use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Project Management Software to use?

We are updating our agencies software and was wandering what Project Management Software agencies recommend?

Hi Quad101 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Our agency of about 15 employees uses Function Point. We are still getting used to it but seems to be the best option for the price and function for a company our size. We had been using Team Work but found that it was too bulky and expensive for what we needed.

Comment

Hi Finleylure and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I think I've looked at almost every project management software solution in existence, and I can honestly say I don't like any of them.

They all assume workflows and needs that don't correspond to how we do things. The ones with enough flexibility to meet our needs always seem to be the ones that are so burdened down with options that the learning curve and frustration level makes everyone on the staff hate them.

So with that said, every studio/agency situation is different, so any recommendation I might make based on our situation would be pointless. My best suggestion is to download or sign up for trial versions that seem to match up with what you need. If you need invoicing or analytics features, for example, you can eliminate a whole bunch of packages from consideration before you even begin. Use what seems best for a while on a test basis, then see just how smoothly it fits into your workflow without forcing you to change your system to accommodate the software.

Comment

It's been a while since I needed to use project management software. But back when I was a project manager, I used FileMaker Pro for the flexibility and customizability that B speaks of. The only drawback is that you have to learn the basics of database development in order to customize it. Most people these day lack the patience to do that, and so they look for the generic solution that's as close to their workflow as possible.

Comment

Our shop uses an old fashioned time clock...connected to a computer of course, not punch cards.

A lot of 15+ employee-shops in my industry (print) use bar-coded job folders and log-in servers. If a job file is opened, time is recorded to the job and the station that opened it, that way a job is tracked through the workflow. Dunno if that would work in a studio environment, but it isn't a reach. But finding the software that works in a studio? I have no idea.

Comment

We use this free tool called Fluxes. It's a hassle free online team collaboration tool that anyone with common sense can use. How many employees do you guys have? Have you tried any tools already? We used Trello in the past. But our project manager decided to change it due to complexity in their interference.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X